Hush Darling

It's late and I usually write this on my chromebook cause my phone is actual crap with autocorrect but screw it.

Roman turned towards Virgil as they ran away, hand in hand.  He still can't believe they actually escaped that hell hole. He felt guilty for leaving all the friends they made over the many years behind but hurried the thought and focused on the constant streams of adrenaline and dopamine rushing to his brain and through his body. They were in the middle of the woods, the dark grey and white build with the words 'MENTAL INSTITUTION' written in big thick black font on the front just above large stainless steel doors.

But he wasn't crazy, nor was Virgil. Or the friends he he left behind like Patton (#D37) or Logan (#D46) they aren't crazy either. Society was crazy. It was always the crazy ones. Not them. Not Pat. Not Logan. Beck nit even Remus (#J69) Well, Remus was actually psycho. He did 'it' with a dolphin he killed. But besides him, no one was crazy.

That's when they stopped running. Roman looked up at the night sky. The wondering stars. Shining down upon the two lover boys. Wishing them hope and encouragement on their journey.

Now, Roman looked at Virgil, and was reminded hiw he got dragged into this mess.

It was a cold dark night. Roman was in his room, on his bed, curled into a ball, crying. He was crying because he could here his parents screaming in the other room. He couldn't pinpoint the room exactly. It was either the kitchen or the sitting room. He heard the yelling grow louder and more aggressive.

"I SAW YOU!! YOU FILTHY LYING H*E!!" He didn't understand the screaming. The aggression. The pure desperation in both parties voice to find something, anything, to prove their self right.

"AT LEAST I'VE NEVER CHEATED ON YOU!!" His mother said that a lot 'at least I've' Roman didn't know why. It sounds like some word choice that justifies nothing.

Roman didn't really understand some of the words his parents were using. He didn't know what a h*e was or what his mother meant by 'cheating'. He only heard the word once before. It was 1at grade. He heard his teacher call out his classmate, Samuel, for 'cheating' by looking at Raymond's testing paper.

He didn't understand why his mom would be bringing up looking at test papers during a fight. Besides, they didn't go to school anymore.

"OH REALLY?! MAYBE IF YOU WEREN'T ALWAYS OUT SHOPPING AND FLIRTING WITH CASHIER'S, WITH MY MONEY BECAUSE YOUR STUPID A$$ IS BROKE, I WOULDN'T HAVE INVITED MY COWORKER OVER SO WE COULD DISCUSS FINANCIAL PLANS, OLIVIA!!" Roman hated all the yelling. From both sides. He wanted it to stop.

It was quite for a bit after that. I don't think mom knew what to say.

"Couldn't you have done that at work? You keep spouting lies out your a$$, Josh." Mother Dearest seemed calmer but Roman knew, deep down he just knew, she was oh so for from calm.

"No, Bruce was having a business meeting with some company spokespersons." Josh became calmer has well, noting the sudden change.

"Who the hell is Bruce?" Olivia, Roman's Mom asked, hints of hope lingering in her voice

"My boss, why?" Josh, Roman's father, was clearly testing the waters. He wanted answers. And he was never one to take no when he didn't want it.

"He kinda sounds cute," Roman heard his mom say that. Everyone did. She tried to mumble it but she failed miserably.

"... I'm sorry what?" He heard the words from a third party. A much younger one. It was loud though like the person speaking had everything that was going to be said and done planned our in their head. They knew what they were doing.