Chapter 48

"Harry?" A young woman's voice called as we walked into a library on the second floor of the manor.
"Don't be silly, lils." A young man's voice called.
"Dad? Mum?" Harry called, running to their portraits, tears running down his face.
"My boy! My sweet baby boy!" Lily called, also crying.
I was soon crying too, watching this adorable reunion, and happy that Harry was finally able to see his parents again.
"Harry!" James yelled, laughing
I looked at Jame's jet black hair, and his glasses, and the way he carried himself, and I understood why everyone always compared them. They looked and talked the exact same. And it didn't help that they were the same age now.
While James and Harry were talking excitedly, Lily motioned for me to come over from my spot in the library doorway. I walked forward, nervous that they wouldn't like me.
"Hello dear!" Lily said excitedly
"Hello. It's nice to finally meet you." I said
"You too, it's Ginerva Weasley right?"
"Yes, well I prefer Ginny. The only one who calls me Ginerva is Harry, and that's only because he knows how much it bothers me."
Lily laughed lightly and continued. "So, you and Harry?"
It was my turn to smile as I looked over to Harry, who had a huge smile on his face. "Yes, actually we're getting married on christmas eve."
"Really? That's amazing. I'm glad he's had you. How long have you two been together?"
'Oh no, this is a long one' I thought to myself. "Well, it's a bit of a long story. I'm a year younger, and he's my brother's best friend."
"Oh dear." Lily said with a smile.
I felt at ease with her, like she was a close friend of mine. "Yes, so that kept us apart for a while, until his 6th year, my 5th. I had had a crush on him since I was 11, and it had turned into love for him. He finally got up the courage to kiss me, and in front of the whole gryffindor common room, including my brother. We stayed together until the summer after, when he broke up with me to keep me from getting hurt by voldemort. We spent the entire year, me at Hogwarts, and him out looking for horcruxes. After the battle of Hogwarts, I was hesitant to let him back in my life, it was hard to trust him and that he wouldn't leave me again. It didn't help that one of my older brothers, Fred, died in the battle, so I was also grieving that." I paused for a moment, feeling the grief come over me
"I'm sorry dear, I can't imagine." Lily said sympathetically.
"He died fighting so that we could have our future, I can't be mad at him for that. Anyways, at the end of the summer, we officially started dating again, even though my family only slightly approved, they were still upset about him leaving me before. And on my august 11th, my 20th birthday, he gave me the best gift I could ask for." I held out my ring, which Lily fawned over.
"It's beautiful. He's a lucky guy."
I was truly touched. It was important that she approved, and I wanted a relationship with her as well. "I'm the lucky one. I don't know what I would have done without him, he's saved me, more times than I can count."
"I'm sure you've saved him just as many times." Lily countered with a warm smile
"I can only hope." I sighed, and realised I had something to ask her. "Lily? Do you mind if I ask you a question?"
"Anything"
"How did you know? That it was James."
She smiled "I think I always knew, and I denied it for so long, I finally gave in when he stopped being such a jerk in 7th year."
"Excuse me?" James said, walking into the portrait.
"Oh come on, you have to admit you were an awful git"
"Fine, I was pretty bad." James admitted. "Is this the fiance?"
Harry put his arm around me as I answered. "Yep, the one and only. I hope."
James laughed at my joke, "Harry, you got a good one, don't let her go."
"Never." Harry said.
When he looked at me, I saw in his eyes a feeling I had never seen before. He was happy. He was whole again, and he always would be, so long as he had these portraits.
We spent the whole day talking to James and Lily, and we left the manor with smiles on our faces.
"Ginny?" Harry asked as we prepared to apparate back to our flat.
"Yeah Harry?" I asked, not really sure what he was about to say.
"First of all, thank you for coming with me today, I don't know what I would have done without you. Really."
I gave him a kiss on his forehead. "Anytime. I'm always here for you."
Harry's eyebrows furrowed, and I could tell he was about to say something big. "Second, how do you feel about moving into the manor?"
I didn't even have to think about it. Potter Manor is one of the most beautiful houses I have ever seen, and I knew Harry wanted to be closer to his parents. "Alright."
Harry seemed surprised. "Really?"
"Yep."
"You don't want to think about it first? This is kinda big Gin."
I laughed, which surprised Harry. "I know, it is big. But Harry, I don't care where we live. We could live in a shack with one room for all I care. And it's not like I can't get used to apparating everywhere. If you want this, I would be more than happy to raise our kids in your family home. And to have our kids live with their grandparents. And have you live with your parents again. Really, I don't mind at all."
Harry kissed me lightly. "Alright then, how about we move in after the honeymoon?"
"Sounds amazing." I really meant it, nothing could make me happier than I am right now.