Chapter 26

The next weekend was the championship game against Slytherin, which everyone was nervous for. Luckily, Harry was out of detention for the day, so he would finally be able to play again.
Harry approached me right before the game, in the locker room.
"Gin?"
"Yeah harry?"
"Good luck today"
"You too Harry. We can't have Malfoy beating you can we?" We laughed and he grabbed my hand as we walked into the quidditch stadium. It felt normal to have his hand in mine. Not like it had ever been with anyone else.
The game went really well, at least until about an hour into the game. I suddenly felt something hit my stomach, and whatever it was knocked me off my broom. All of a sudden the world began to spin, and I just waited for the cold hard ground to hit me, but it didn't. I finally opened my eyes, and I felt that I was in someone's arms.
"Gin are you ok?" Only one person called me that, besides my family of course.
"I'm fine, Harry"
"You are not fine Gin. You just got hit by a bludger, you should be passed out right now."
"But I'm not. Look, you're just wasting precious time. You should be out there looking for the snitch, and I should be out there scoring."
"Gin I don't think that's a good idea."
"Well I do, and you can't stop me" I got up and ran to my broom, which had landed just near me. I went back up, feeling better than before. I was ready to get those dirty slytherins. I scored 50 points alone, and Dean got 40. The score was 90-80, and the snitch still hadn't been caught.
Zacharais smith was really getting on my nerves. He was the new commentator, and he was insanely biased towards the slytherins, which made sense of course, seeing as he was one.
I finally got fed up with him and pretended like I was just circling the stadium, but headed straight for him. I ran right into him, and seeing professor McGonagal's face after my stunt I tried to make up something smart to say to her
"Sorry, professor, forgot to brake" I gave her a smile, and saw her fighting back a laugh as I flew back up into the game. Harry locked eyes with me, and gave me a thumbs up, which I laughed at.
All of a sudden I heard Madame hooch call "AND GRYFFINDOR WINS 240-80!"
Everyone went running to the field, and I tried to get to Harry, but he was surrounded by well-wishers.
The party soon moved from the quidditch pitch to the Gryffindor common room. I was at the end of the line as we piled into the common room, and I ran to Harry as soon as I saw that he wasn't surrounded by people anymore. Harry smiled, and we met at the middle of the room. I was expecting to just give him a hug, but soon I felt his lips on mine. I swear fireworks went off. I felt a wave of something come through me. It was happiness. I was finally with the boy I loved, and he loved me back. This was the moment I've been waiting for since I was in 1st year.
When we finally pulled away from each other, we never really came apart. Harry held me in a hug and we just looked in each other's eyes. Harry studied my face, and I tried to read his. Harry's mouth was in a huge smile, and his eyes glistened in the light.
Bloody hell. We're in the middle of a huge party. Everyone just saw my first kiss with Harry, including Ron.
We both smiled lightly, and for the first time since I caught his eye, I looked around the room, and saw that everyone was looking. All of a sudden someone yelled "FINALLY!" and the whole room erupted with congratulations to the two of us. Harrys mouth turned up into a huge smile, and I didn't see that smile leave his face all night. We stayed together the whole night, I was too scared to let him go again, and he didn't seem to want to let me go either. Ron seemed to ignore us, and he only said one thing to Harry all night, which was a whisper in his ear.
"Harry, what did Ron just tell you?" I asked nervously.
"That he wants to 'talk' later"
"I swear to god if he tries to hurt you at all-"
"Gin, I can take care of myself. I mean I am the chosen one," Harry smiled his crooked smile.
"Oh shut it," I playfully punched him in the arm, and he pulled me into a tight embrace. It was uncomfortable at first because of how I was pulled across the couch, but I soon warmed to his touch, and he pulled a blanket over me. I was exhausted, and though I heard people starting to leave for their dorms, Harry never moved an inch. I fell asleep in his arms, and it seemed that he kept the nightmares away, because I slept soundly.
"Morning, Gin"