Chapter 11

I walked into vic's room to get her to go to Hogsmeade with me. We were going dress shopping. I come into the room without knocking, like I usually do, there's never a need for it anyways, we share everything with each other, or so I thought.
"Hey Vic, you ready for hogsmeade?" I asked as I walked in the door. Then my heart stopped. Liam was with her, and he didn't seem to have a shirt on. I knew what was going on here and before I could stop it, I had my wand out, and I was about to hex them, but I had to get my word in too, "HOW DARE YOU? HOW LONG HAS THIS BEEN GOING ON?!?!?" I shout
"Ginny, we're in love-"
"HOW BLOODY LONG" I shout
"Since you two started dating" I couldn't hold it back anymore, I hexed Liam and sprinted out of the room crying. How could they? Vic had been my best friend since 1st year, and I spilled every  secret I ever had to her. And she just went and stole my boyfriend from me. I should've expected this from Liam, but never Vic. I swore to myself I would never talk to either of them again. I was in my room for hours, and Fred and George stopped by to talk to her, they threatened to break down my door when I wouldn't let them in, so I went and opened the door, attempting to not cry in front of them, but they knew me too well.
"It's ok Gin, you can cry. We heard" Fred gives me a hug
"Please don't tell me everyone knows" I say sighing
"Sorry sis, word made its way around" George tells me
I start crying again and I let Fred and George hold me. They really were pretty great brothers. They stayed with me until I fell asleep, and I woke up in my bed alone. I got up, and grabbed every piece of clothing from Liam and Vic, which happened to be a lot, and brought it down to the gryffindor common room to throw it in the big fireplace. Luckily only a few people were in the common room, just Harry and Ron. I quickly walked by them and set the clothes on fire. Oddly, it gave me a sense of peace to see them burn. Ron looked at me with pity, and I couldn't stand it. Over the next week or so, I avoided Vic as much as possible, though she kept trying to talk to me. I had finally gotten over Liam mostly, and started to hang out more with Harry, Ron, and Hermione. The Yule ball was in a week, and while I did already have a dress, I no longer had a date. And I couldn't go unless a 4th year asked me. I walked Ravenclaw tower to meet up with Luna and Neville. I was excited to see them, because I knew they would be the only ones that wouldn't pity me like everyone else did, well except Harry. When I saw Neville and Luna sitting on the couch in the center of the common room, I joined and sat right next to them on one of the many comfy chairs. Neville seemed like he wanted to tell me something
"Hey Luna, Neville is something bothering you? You seem nervous almost." I ask concerned
"Yeah, actually. I know you were supposed to go to the yule ball with Liam, and well I assume that's not happening anymore, so I wanted to know if you would go with me? I need a date, and well you and Luna are the people I'm closest to-"
"Really? I would love too!" I run to him and give him a huge hug, "thanks Neville, we'll have a great time!" I say. We spent the rest of the night talking and catching up.
The day of the ball was spent with Hermione while we got ready for the upcoming ball. Me and Hermione did each others make-up and we helped each other with jewelry. I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled. I had a beautiful red dress that fit me perfectly. It was a blood red dress with a slight v-neck. It was made with a beautiful satin, and it fell at my hips all the way to the ground. I had never felt so beautiful in my life.
"Ginny, you look amazing" Hermione sighed,
"Thanks, you look really good too!" I say, and she did. She was wearing a periwinkle blue dress that flowed to her feet. It was made of a tulle-like material, and Hermione had tamed down her bushy hair and it looked absolutely beautiful. We walked into the gryffindor common room to see Ron and Harry in their dress robes. Harry looked handsome in his black dress robes over a pure bright shirt.
"Wow ginny, you look..." Harry said looking me up and down and blushing. It almost seemed as if he might have a crush on me too. I'm sure I'm just imagining things because there was no way Harry actually liked me.
"I know, she's a masterpiece of my creation" Hermione laughs, "I did spend all day on her"
We all laugh, and we make our way to the yule ball, which was in the Great Hall. I saw Neville and Crum waiting together for me and hermione.
"Hey, Neville," I say
"Ginny, you look beautiful," Neville says,
"Don't go catching feelings," I joke and playfully punch him in the arm.
"I'll do my best" He laughs right back at me.
"We'll see you two later then!" Hermione says as Crum pushes her to the dance floor to do the champions dance.
"See you!" I laugh, and me and Neville walk to our seats, which were just beside the champions table. We sat with Dean Thomas, Michael Corner, who's a ravenclaw in my year, and Lavender Brown, who was Dean's date. I had a great time with Neville, and we danced almost all night. I was so exhausted by the end of the night that I was half asleep by the time we walked back to the common room with Hermione. It was already 2 in the morning, and thank god tomorrow was christmas, because that meant we could sleep in. I fell asleep as soon as I hit my bed.