42: Parents

Jungkook is one of the lucky few amongst his soulmates which he grew to realize quickly. Having been the youngest, and actually having good relationships with his family, Jungkook knew he was oblivious when it came to family issues. It didn't help when his soulmates tended to try to shelter him, or keep him away from any family members of theirs that could cause problems.

A few years back, Jungkook came to fully understand the type of environment his soulmates grew up in when he took them to meet his own parents, and realized just how stressful it was for them as the weeks following up to the meeting all his soulmates with the exceptions of Hoseok were filled with anxiety and barely could keep their cool down. Jungkook couldn't exactly understand what they were feeling, even when he met Da-Bin for the first time, he was never so stressed about it, especially with Yoongi's constant reassurance.

Yet now, he came to actually understand the feelings his soulmate must have felt, as he found it was almost difficult to breath as Sera's sister and mother turned their gaze onto them, and he felt himself breakout into cold sweat. With sweaty palms, he clutched on more tightly to the luggage he was holding, and he noticed that all his hyungs were also feeling the tense pressure, especially when he saw how Sera's sister narrowed her gazes on them.

"We got here a while back," Sera replied, awkwardly stopping in front of Chu-Hei, not reaching out for a hug, "We spent some time in the park," Jungkook noticed Sera was nervous as well.

"Don't you think you guys are a bit big to play in the park?" Sera's mother cut in, walking out fully, and it was quite obvious were Sera got her looks from, as he and Chu-Hei resembled their mother plenty, but while Chu-Hei got her darker brown eyes from her mother, Sera got her bright ambers from Jun, her father.

Turning her sharp gazes to the boy, Sera's mother offered a slightly weird smile, not overly friendly but not threatening either, "You boys should be tired, come on in. Sera, I prepared the guest room room for them, but some might need to stay in your room," turning around, she ended up grabbing Chu-Hei's luggage for her, and gestured for her daughter to come in, with Sera and the boys trailing behind.

The treatment between the two daughters were as clear as day and night as their mother greeted Chu-Hei so cheerfully, but didn't even bother to greet Sera, and it got on their nerves slightly when they noticed Sera was slightly wary to even talk to her mom.

Walking into the house, they realized it wasn't as scary and gloomy like many of them thought it would be, and it was slightly crapped, but that is to be expected when seven grown men were suddenly cramped into the walkway. Instead, they were filled with memories and warmth they realized, with several family portraits hung up on the wall, and Jungkook noticed that besides Sera, her parents and sister, there was another figure in the picture. The one he was particularly looking at, the picture seemed to be taken in front of some coffee shop, probably the one her parents worked at. Sera was considerably still young in the pictures, probably in elementary school, and she stood in front of her parents, Chu-Hei standing to her right with a small smile, and to the left of Sera, was a boy crouching down on one knee, arms thrown around Sera's shoulders with their cheeks squished together, both of them having the biggest grin with their amber eyes shining so prominently in the picture.

"Is that...'' Jungkook warily spoke, catching Sera's attention, her eyes going to the picture he was looking at, and she only gave Jungkook a tight smile, and nodded, before turning back around to formally greet her parents.

Jungkook somewhat knew a little about Ji-Ho, not a lot, only that he was Lilia's soulmate, and Sera brother, and passed away years ago due to a car accident. Sera and Lilia never talked much about him, but by all the family pictures with Ji-Ho and Sera he could see, it seemed as if Sera and Ji-Ho were close as they were always next to each other with bright smiles.