44: We're all Broken

"Why did you walk out?" Chu-Hei asked, voice cold and showing no ounce of care towards the woman who was hunched over at a branch near the park, silently sobbing into her hands.

"Am I supposed to sit there while your father yells at me!" Baram yelled back, the dignified way she held herself crumbling all too quickly, glad that it was late at night, and no would see her like this. No one but her daughter, watching her own mother crying on a bench, the only light around them was provided by a shabby streetlamp, "I just lost a son!"

"And Sera lost her brother," Baram shouldn't be shocked by how cold Chu-His voice was, because she was always like that, but her words stabbed her heart like a cold knife, "Should Sera just sit there quietly as you tell her that she killed her brother? Her own mother, telling her she killed her own brother. Would you have sat quietly?"

Baram didn't reply, only clenching her teeth, trying to hold back her sobs, "My heart is shattering Chu-Hai. Ji-Ho would have been alive if Sera had just listened to me!"

"Ji-Ho would have been alive if you allowed her to go to the party. It goes both ways mother if you choose to act like that. If you're blaming Sera, then blame yourself as well. Father and I blame the one who actually killed Ji-Ho."

"What was I supposed to do! Ji-Ho is my son! My precious Ji-Ho..."

"I suggest you at least fake being a mother, unless you want to lose another child," Chu-hei's voice was dark and cold, her own fist clenched as she held back her desire to attack her mother. Maybe a slap or two would make her come back to her senses.

"What?"

"Sera, you're daughter, is probably sitting on the couch, blaming herself. Taking the full blame of killing her own brother, hating herself, and wishing that she died instead. At least hold back that awful thought of yours, because it's obvious you don't regard Sera as a daughter now, but I don't want to lose another sibling, and father doesn't want to lose another child."

"How could you say that! Sera's my daughter as well, I love her!"

"Then fucking act like you do."

*****

"Dinner was fun," Sera joked awkwardly, sitting down on her desk chair, intertwining her fingers together nervously under the intense look of her soulmates, who all miraculously, squeezed into her room. Majority were just scattered about on her floor, making themselves comfy, while Seokjin stood infront of her, arms crossed with a frown, "Did you like the food?"

Sera is shrouded in mystery, secrets, that Seokjin grudgingly has to accept that he couldn't uncover all of them instantly. It takes time, he knew that much, but he he hated how Sera was just gonna sit there, and not defend herself form her mothers words, "You weren't gonna say anything? Does you mom always talk to you like that?"

Casting her gaze down, Sera didn't know how to feel about the confrontation.

This was the first time the boys actually ever pressured her like this, and she didn't like it at all.

"She's just worried about my future is all."

"You mom was outright insulting you! Why didn't you say anything? If I hadn't have come forward then who knows what else your mom would have said?"

"Why didn't you say anything that night then?"

What was the point of bringing this up now?

That night where everything just went to shit, what was the point of bringing that night up?