18: The Pain

Thank you to TEArificallyTAE for creating such an awesome cover!

*****

Chapter edited by jemi018

Consider giving a follow and an upvote!

Also if you have time, visit my kp-fi page and leave a tip if you want!
https://ko-fi.com/havenesa

*****

It had been a few days since the incident with Yoongi and Hoseok, and things were progressing slowly, which I didn't mind.

Still stuck in the boring hospital, it was bearable now with Yoongi's and Hoseok's frequent visits with Jimin, Taehyung and Kimie occasionally accompanying them. We didn't talk too much about serious things but this time, I felt it was going to be alright. However, I did want to sit down with everyone once I'm out, to talk to them and even suggest going to visit a soulmate specialist in order to try to handle this situation.

Because I do want this to work out.

This day in particular, I didn't have any visits so far, as I got a text from Yoongi that the majority of them were going to be busy. My dad had to return home due to work, but he promised me that he would keep in touch.

With me healing nicely, the doctor said I would be able to leave the hospital soon, and everyday I look forward to when I can finally get out of here. Though even I knew, a shit ton of school work would be waiting for me, as Hoseok refused to even consider getting me my assignments or laptop and telling me I should rest and all; my dad agreed with him.

There was no homework to distract me now, to distract me with my muddled thoughts as I stared anxiously at my phone. I had sent several texts to Baekhyun, apologizing to him for how I was asking, and he replied to none.

All I could think about now was his broken look, and I regretted ever trying to be fake to him.

It never worked, he always saw through it; saw I was lying right to his face and I knew he hated it.

I even knew he read my text messages, with a small read sign at the bottom of my text, letting me know he saw it and chose to ignore me. It infuriated me, but I knew ultimately, it was my fault.

*****

Baekhyun never knew why he dedicated so much of his life to Sera, and expected nothing in return. She was a girl he hated throughout middle school and most of high school; and yet, it took one incident for him to completely change. Just one incident where he saw her at her most vulnerable, and he clung to that feeling of her sobbing into his chest, shaky hands gripping his shirt; like he was the only one to keep her sane and stable.

They spent nearly every day together since, goofing around and just living life. Together.

They were always together.