8. Murder, Oh Murder

You know, I've come to the conclusion that murder is fun.

I fucking forgot it was Saturday-
Whoopsies

TW: swearing, yandere talk, lots of talk of death,

________________________

"Why is there a school assembly?" Remus asked.

"Apparently something happened yesterday," Janus said. "That's all I've been able to hear. Might be something to do with the murder on Monday night."

"Possibly," Roman said. He was trying to ignore the churning in his stomach that tried to tell him he was going to get caught. No one had seen him, so unless Logan snitched then he wouldn't get caught. And if Logan snitched he could be called an accomplice to the murder, so he most likely wouldn't snitch. Despite knowing that, Roman didn't feel much better.

They sat in the school bleacher, the whispers of everyone around them making it hard to hear much. Everyone was curious what was going on, and why the assembly had been called last minute.

"Excuse me, if I could have your attention everyone," Mr. Sanders, the principal, called out. The students quieted down fairly quickly, their curiosity outweighing their natural instinct to rebel against authority. "Thank you for coming on short notice. There have been some unfortunate events as of late, and we need to have a serious discussion about them."

"Within the last two days, three students form our school have been killed." A collective gasp went up around the gym. "It is unclear who is doing this, but we must warn you all to be safe. The police are on the lookout for the murderer as we speak, and are collecting clues. Hopefully we'll have the killer behind bars before anyone else gets hurt."

"But until we do, we want you to not linger after school. Go home and stay safe. Which is why all activities are canceled until we catch the killer." There were a few people muttering angrily, but many people were nodding in resignation. "This is for your safety. I wish I could say this has never happened before, but in the history of this school this has happened before. The police are more advanced than they were then, and I have confidence we can catch the killer."

"The deaths of Rhett Waller and Maya Winters may not be related to the death of Indigo Parona, as they both occurred off of school grounds. However, the death of Indigo had to be a student or teacher since no one outside of teachers and students were here yesterday. We will get to the bottom of this. Thank you all for your time today. Have a good rest of your day guys, gals, and non binary pals," Mr. Sanders finished, walking out of the gym.

The students immediately started talking after Mr. Sanders left, discussing who it could possibly be and side eying everyone who looked suspicious.

"What do you guys think is going on?" Remus asked, glancing at Roman questioningly.

"No idea," Roman muttered.

"Honestly I can't believe three people have died in the last few days," Janus said.

"It's not like it hasn't happened before," Logan said with a shrug. "Two years ago multiple people died as well."

"Really?" Janus questioned.

"Wait I thought you've been here for awhile," Roman said, looking at Janus.

"Oh no, I transferred this year," Janus explained. "I knew Logan even though he went to school here, so we've been friends for while but I only came this year."

"I guess that makes sense," Remus said. "But anyway, what about the people who died two years ago?"

"Multiple people died, but the police never found the connection between the murders. They didn't see the most obvious one," Logan stated.

"Which was?"

"Love, of course."

"What?" Remus asked, paling slightly.

"Oh yes, there have been yanderes here before. I knew exactly who got killed and why, but the police couldn't see it," Logan said with a shrug.

"But aren't you supposed to turn evidence like that in?" Remus asked. "Why on earth would you let murderers go free?" Roman knew exactly what Remus was doing. He was trying to see if it was actually safe to trust Logan, or if he was like everyone else. Roman hasn't told him about Logan being Info Chan, so Remus didn't know.

"Why not?" Logan asked. "It's different when it's for love, in my eyes. Plus..." Logan smirked at Remus, tilting his head to the side. "It's fun to watch them snap."

743 words.