Act 17 - She Got a Fine Sense of Humor When I'm Feeling Down

All day at school, Allie couldn't help but think of how yesterday didn't go exactly as planned, mostly Allie was thinking of how she told her mother that she wanted to take her own damn time. Allie didn't know if she was just talking in general so her mother wouldn't hook her up with some loser, or if it was her trying to get up the courage to tell everyone about her secret boyfriend?

       The only good thing that came out of this weekend was Dustin and how wonderfully amazing he is, but Allie already knew that. Speaking of wonderful, Allie smiled to herself as she saw Dustin waiting for her by the end locker bay of the art hallway, looking just like the movie star he was in Allie's own personal film.

Dustin: Hey, how was your dad's birthday dinner?

       Dustin asked as soon as Allie had stopped in front of him, he only asked because Allie never came over last night, she told him after everything that day it was just too late and she was just too tired. Allie adjusted the strap of her backpack on her shoulder because after the long walk here, she felt it slipping off. Before she formed words, she let out a deep sigh just like she had last night outside the restaurant with Lola.

 Allie: It would have gone better without my mother there.

       I know that face, Dustin thought to himself because Allie was looking a whole lot less happy today. Dustin just wanted to wrap his arms tightly around her, but sadly resisted himself from doing so.

Dustin: Uh oh! What happened?

Allie: She always gets super controlling and pushy around this time of year, especially with my love life.

       Dustin doesn't exactly know why or maybe self-consciously he does, but he felt himself getting angry for Allie about her mother.

Dustin: Well she better stop, because you already have one.

       Yeah but she just doesn't know it, Allie thought to herself, but didn't exactly feel the need to say it out loud because she knew that it was a mood killer. To try and get that thought out of her head, Allie just looked down to the ground and started to play with the loose shoe lace on her shoe with her foot, trying so hard not to let a tear fall from her eye. Even though Allie wasn't looking directly at him, he could tell what was going through her mind. He didn't exactly care at this point, he started to stroke Allie's arms softly because he knew that his touch somehow always made her feel better.

       It didn't exactly make sense to Dustin, he never imagined someone as perfect as Allie could ever be in love with a guy like him, but he knew that she was. Good thing his feelings matched hers.

Dustin: Babe, I don't like to see you upset.

       Allie sucked back the tears welling in her eyes tears and looked up at Dustin with a look as if she wanted to start whining. That's kind of what she did as she started to speak.

Allie: I'm mostly upset right now because I can't hug you and make myself feel better.