Chapter Nine

Merged Worlds: Chapter Nine, Scene One

Chapter nine, scene one begins on Hop Pop's farm. Star and Marco are talking with Hop Pop.

Star: So this dimension isn't the boiling isles?

Hop Pop: For what seems to be the millionth time, yes, this is not the boiling isles you're looking for. What's your deal with this boiling isle anyway and you keep asking us where it is?

Star: Well, me and my friend here got bored and we wanted to go sightseeing in new places.

Hop Pop: Sightseeing? When you're bored? Why not read books, they'll take you to wonderous adventures and you don't have to move a muscle. You just sit back, relax, open a book, and start reading. You'll be on an adventure before you know it.

Marco: Right? That's what I've been telling her!

Marco says as he places his arm on top of Hop Pop's shoulder, slightly leaning against him.

Hop Pop: Get your filthy arms off me, boy.

Marco takes back his arm and slowly backs away.

Polly: Ooh, what's this?

Polly grabs Star's wand which was poking out from her sling bag.

Star: No wait! Don't touch that!

Before Star could get back her wand, Polly waves it around and Polly accidentally casts a spell. An explosion occurred inside the house and rainbow goo gets scattered all over the house.

Hop Pop: What sorcery is this...?

Polly: Woah, where can I get myself one of those things.

Star slowly grabs her wand from Polly's hand and puts it back in her sling bag.

Star: Yeah, you can't get a wand like this. Only Mewmans can get them.

Anne: Wait, so you guys are not humans?

Star: What? Oh no, no, no. My friend Marco here is human, and I am a mewman.

Anne: A what?

Star: A mewman, they're different from humans.

Marco: Star comes from another dimension.

Anne: Ooohhh...

Star: Well, anyway, we got to go. Marco and I need to go to the boiling isles.

Star then grabs her dimensional scissors and opens up a portal.

Marco: Are you sure that that portal will take us to the boiling isles? I don't want to get spit on again.

Polly: Sorry about that.

Star: I don't know. But, we'll never know unless we try, right?

Hop Pop: This is witchcraft I tell you! This is filled with bad things!

Hop Pop says as he looks at the portal that Star opened up. Sprig then inspects the portal and he walks closer towards it.

Sprig: What sorcery is this? And what is this anyway?

Star: This is a magical portal that can take you anywhere. I made it with my dimensional scissors here.

Sprig: Really!?

Sprig then sticks his head inside the portal. After looking at the other end of it, he quickly pulls his head out.

Sprig: Woah! She's right! It does lead to other worlds!

Anne: Wait, a portal which can take you anywhere?

Star: Uh-huh. It's a pretty cool device when you want to get away from a place.

Anne: Can it take me home?

Star: Well, yeah. Maybe.

Anne: Can you take me with you?

Sprig: Wait, Anne? You're leaving?

Anne: I mean, yeah. This is what I've been waiting for, remember? A way back home.

Sprig: Oh, right.

Silence fills the room as Anne and Sprig both look down on the floor. The silence breaks as Sprig starts talking.

Sprig: I guess, this is goodbye then?

Anne: It is.

Polly: Anne?

Anne: Goodbye, Polly. Goodbye, Hop Pop. Sprig?

Sprig then runs away, he runs upstairs and locks himself up in his room.

Anne: Sprig!

Anne then starts running after Sprig.

Star: Uhmm, is everything okay?

Hop Pop: He's just sad that his best friend is going home. It's normal. I mean, Anne and Sprig did have many adventures together, and it's hard for Sprig to accept that the adventure with Anne will stop. That's a normal thing in a friendship. It's a hard truth to accept. But it's the truth, you can't stop time. Your best friend will one day leave you and go back home to where his or her family lives. The adventures you have with your best friend have to one day end when it's time for them to come back home.

Star: They must have had great adventures together.

Marco: Like us.

End of Scene

Merged Worlds: Chapter Nine, Scene One

Scene two of chapter nine begins with a shot of the woods of Gravity Falls. We see that Jeff is still telling everyone where to go.

Jeff: Turn right here and then take a straight path and that's where the materials you guys will need to build that teleporter thingy.

Dipper: Why are you helping us?

Jeff: Actually, you guys are helping us.

Dipper: What?

Jeff: You see, the materials I'm talking about have been scattered all over our home and gnomes are not really that strong, so we need your help to clean our place a little. And hey, here we are.

We then see groups of gnomes pushing and pulling things away from their homes. The things they are pulling away from their homes are all science-y and futuristic.

Stanford: Fascinating, this is the first time I get to see gnomes up close.

Stanley: We are seeing a pile of futuristic equipment and what fascinates you the most is the sight of little small men? And women?

Mabel: Didn't you have a page on one of your books about gnomes Grunkle Ford?

Stanford: I did, but I haven't gone up close with these fascinating creatures.

Stanley: Yeah, yeah. Little gnome guys, fascinating. Can we start carrying the equipments now? We are on a time trial if you guys have forgotten. We need to get the portal up and going before that one-eyed triangle gets here.

Stanford: Right. But we have no time carrying all these heavy equipment back to the shack, we have to assemble them right here. Will that be okay Jeff?

Jeff: Well, if you guys clean up after then yeah, it'll be more than okay.

Stanford: Thank you.

Dipper: But Grunkle Ford, these pieces of equipment are heavy, there's no way we can build the portal.

???: Perhaps we can be of help.

A voice says.

Dipper: Huh?

Dipper looks towards the direction where the voice came from. Then, from the shadows of the woods came out the Manotaurs and other mysterious creatures of Gravity Falls.

End of Chapter