Chapter 2: Demon

Caleb's POV:

I stared up at the ceiling. I listened to my music. It was Apeshit by The Carters. They both were spitting hard bars on the song. I looked out the window and saw a red cardinal.

I got up and walked over to my dresser. I pulled out a notepad and a pencil. I sat down on the bed and began to sketch the cardinal. I loved drawing. I loved creating art. It was my passion.

Drawing art gives me peace. I looked up at the bird and found its staring at me. Then it flew away. I scoffed and watched it fly away into the woods. I looked up at the sun. I was up early.

I looked at the time on my phone. It was nine o clock in the morning. I woke up to the sound of my parents fucking.  That's why I have my earbuds in, blasting my music. I did NOT want to hear that.

I got up and walked out the door. I walked down the halls and looked around. Ever since we moved into this house, my parents put up their weird paintings. It could be because I took art classes all my life.

Maybe  it's my artistic side of me talking, but none of my parents paintings compared to my sketches.

I looked at one painting that my parents absolutely adored. It was a painting of me when I was a baby. I sighed. I appreciate the fact that wanted to draw me but I hated it.

The colors, the outline of me, everything was just awful. But if my parents ever asked, I would say that I like it. Plus, I feel uncomfortable about the painting. Back then, I was a little tyke.

I had no knowledge of life and what it was about. But now I know. I looked at my wings as I passed by a closed window. I looked at my reflection. I looked at the painting then at my wings.

Growing up, I had bland wings. Now that I've had my Evaluation, I have demon wings. I put on a devilish smile. Most people would flip their shit if they didn't get angel wings. Not me. I know the

Evaluation is based off of our personalities, but even as a baby, I knew I was gonna have demon wings. I knew what type of person I am and what my personality is made up of.

My parents don't have angel wings either and it doesn't bother them. Just like it doesn't bother me that I didn't have Angel wings. Like I said, even at a young age I knew what I was gonna be. I'm me and that's all I can ever be.

I looked at the painting one more time before looking at my wings. I walked down the hall, downstairs, and towards the kitchen. I looked at my phone and skipped some songs to get to my favorite song.

It was Free Crack 4 by Lil Bibby. It was the intro one. I sang along to it. "If it's bout money, you know I get plenty. I ride with the semi. I die with it with me," I rap.

"Caleb?" Someone calls. I turned my head to see my Dad.