Chapter 25: Traitor

Angel's POV:

I was in tears on the way back to Gustavo's house. He legit just killed Caleb. Oh Caleb. I am so sorry. I looked up as we pulled into the driveway. Gustavo pulled me out of the car and dragged me over towards the front door.

We walked inside and over to the living room. He sat me down and sighed in contentment. "I feel so relieved," He says.

"Why?! Because you killed Caleb you asshole!!" I cry

He scoffed. "Whatever. All that matters is that Caleb is finally dead." He said. He took a deep breath.

"You're so heartless," I mutter.

"So? My daughter will be relieved that her torturer is now dead and gone." He said. I shook my head and sobbed. Gustavo made guards carry me back upstairs to my room.

They untied me and left. I curled up into a ball and cried in my pillow. I cried myself to sleep. I woke up to hands touching me.

I opened my eyes and gasped. There standing in front of me was Peter. "Peter? I thought you were dead?" I asked.

He smiled. "My death was...greatly exaggerated. Come with me." He said. Some guards entered the room and tied me up again.

Then they carried me out the door and downstairs. I looked at Peter. "Peter you fucking died. Gustavo shot you in your head." I said. He looked at me and shook his head.

"Oh Angel. I'm sorry you have to find out this way." He said.

"Ah Peter. Thank you so much for retrieving my prize." Gustavo said. I looked between him and Peter.

"You were working for him this whole time?" I asked. He nodded. "I can't believe you!! You're a traitor!!" I cried.

"Hey I'm not the only one." He said. He looked past me. I turned around and saw Loren sitting down at a table in a beautiful red dress staring at me.

She smirked. "Hey Angel. We haven't seen each other in so long, I've actually missed you." She said. I shook my head.

"This isn't real. This isn't real." I say, over and over again.

"Oh it's very real Angel. All of this is very real." Loren said.

"Why are you smiling? Gustavo just killed Caleb." I said. "Yes and I am very sad but it had to be done. He wouldn't leave you." She said.

I glared at her. "Loren how long have you been working for Gustavo?" I asked.

She sighed. "You remember that day I choked you?" She asked. I nodded.

"Of course. How can I forget something that traumatized me?!" I cry. She rolled her eyes.

"Well I met Gustavo that night. He came up to me after he found me crying in the park," She began.

"So?" I say.

"So he gave me an option: give him Caleb so he could kill him or give him Calvin. And then you and Caleb would break up," She says.