Chapter 26: Gender Reveal

Caleb's POV:
Three Months Later*

I watched as Angel looked at herself in the mirror. She said that being five months pregnant definitely took a toll on her body. "Yep. I'm definitely gonna work out after I give birth." She said.

"Angel you're gonna look great. Chill out." I said. She glared at me.

"Shut up. You don't have to deal with the weight gain." She said. Then she broke down crying. I went over and hugged her.

She's been a sobbing mess for months. I knew her hormones was all over the place. Every thing I do, she started crying. If something went wrong, she starts crying.

She once dropped a hot pocket and started at it for thirty seconds before crying. She also cried when a dog food commercial came on. I didn't understand why. It was just dog food. Then she began to scream at me as if I did something.

I can say the same for Skylar and Riley. Kyle and Ramón have been dealing with them also. Ramón said he was scared to be left alone with Riley.

He said she used her ice powers a lot. Kyle also said that at first Skylar was dealing with her hormones more easily. But lately she's been wilding. I guess her hormones were controlling her now.

Angel then walked over to the door. "Where you going?" I asked.

"To the bathroom." She said. I watched her as she walked out the door. I've been on edge since Angel came back. I wanted her in my sights no matter what.

We all knew we had to move away. Angel suggested we go to her old apartment. We checked it out and my Dad was not impressed. He wanted a place big enough to house all of us, including the guards.

So we found a new home but it was close to Angel's old apartment. I noticed something though. Angel loved going back to her old apartment. Me and her would go together at night.

Nobody has rented the space since Angel left. Me and Angel would just chill in the apartment and talk. I did notice something though. If I brought up anything about my past, she always gave me a look.

I could never figure out what it is that makes her so mad. We've been over this and squashed our past. "Caleb?" Kyle called.

"Hmm?" I answered, looking up at him.

"You good?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yeah why?" I asked. He shook his head.

"Nothing. Come on. The party is about to start. Everyone wants to see you." He said. I stood up and walked downstairs. I walked out the back door to the backyard.

We had family members from Ireland out here visiting us. Even Kyle and Ramón's parents came out to visit. I greeted everyone and socialized.

Everyone commented on how tall I got. That was always strange to me. I looked around and spotted Angel with Riley and Skylar sitting on the porch looking all sad.

This was supposed to be a good day. We decided to throw the girls' a gender reveal party. We were all excited to find out what me and the guys were having. I walked over to Angel.

"What's up?" I asked.

"What?" Angel asked.

"Why y'all look so sad?" I asked.