The Mission: Part 3

Orbiting Zeffo
(Y/N) POV

You look around the bridge at the people assembled there.

There was Ahsoka beside you, Commander Spectre, Admiral Ovecrome, Fives and Echo and a full sized hologram of the people on the other Venators.

Anakin and Obi Wan with their crew were on the hologram, and Obi Wan was talking.

"So, everyone know the plan now?" He asked.

"Umm..." came Anakin's response. "Can you run over it one more time?"

Obi Wan facepalmed, and began again.

"Anakin, you and your 501st troopers will assault the droid forces from the front with the 501st and 212th tanks. While they are distracted by your assault, me and the 212th will come down from the canyon walls with the jet packs and the rocket launchers."

"By that time, (y/n) and Ahsoka's strike force should have circled round the back of the canyon and took them by surprise from behind, with their tanks."

"After that, we eliminate them all and leave. Everyone clear on the plan now?" He pointedly glared at Anakin.

"What?" Anakin laughed, and so did you and Ahsoka. A small smile came across Obi Wan's face and he turned away, but not before Anakin saw it.

"You smiled! I'm off the hook!" He was delighted.

Obi Wan ended the transmission then.

"Admiral. Have the ships ready for takeoff." You ordered the Admiral.

"Yes sir." He spoke with great respect.

He went of to speak to some of the people manning the bridge then.

Ahsoka spoke to Spectre now. "Spectre, please ready the troops for the strike force."

"Of course sir." He replied, then left.

"Uh...sir?" Fives questioned you. "Do you mind if me and Echo go to my quarters to...prepare! Yes, prepare for the mission?"

You gave a small laugh and said. "Of course, Fives. Go get ready."

His face lit up, and he ran over to Echo to drag him off.

"Where did they go in such a hurry?" Ahsoka asked you, confused.

"They went to 'prepare' for the mission." You said, making finger quotes in the air.

She laughed at that.

"Do you want to go to the hangar with me Soka? I have a little surprise for you." You said to her excitedly.

She looked interested. "Really?"

"Come on!" You grabbed her hand and pulled her towards the hangar.

When you got there, there was a large object under a sheet that you had been working on for years on Courascant. You had given it a new name and new coat of paint, ready for Ahsoka.

"Soka." You spoke very seriously. "Under this sheet is a spacecraft that I built while I was on Courascant. With some modifications, it's yours."

She gasped in surprise.

"May I present, The Tano!" You exclaimed proudly, using the force to pull the sheet off of the spaceship.

It was an average sized spaceship with three bedrooms, two bathrooms, a cockpit, a cargo hold, a living room/kitchen and a holo transmission room.

"...wow." Ahsoka was wordless. "I love it!"

She jumped into your arms and kissed you firmly.

"I thought you would like it." You said happily.

"So we are going down to the planet on it?" A slightly concerned Ahsoka asked. "Won't it get damaged?"

"Oh no, we are going down on a LAAT/i" you reassured her. "I just wanted to show you it before we went on our mission."

"It's amazing." She stated.

You smiled at her warmly.

"So, let's go and get onto the LAAT/i." You said, clapping your hands.

"Yeah, mission time!" Fives made you both jump when he ran from behind you, punching the air exitedly.

"Sorry about that." Echo apologised on his behalf. "He's very energetic before a mission."

Ahsoka laughed. "Oh, I know."

"Wait." You spoke slowly. "Were you behind us the whole time?"

"Kinda." Echo ran off after Fives. "See you on the transport!"

Ahsoka POV

On the LAAT/i

There were only four of us on the LAAT/i. I stood next to (y/n) and Fives on the transport, the latter being practically restrained by Echo trying to calm him down.

"Ok Echo, you can let go now." Fives whined loudly.

"I don't trust you to start running around the transport." Echo told him.

"Hey! I wouldn't do anything like that!" Fives protested.

"Ok then." Echo released him.

Fives instantly started running around the nearly empty LAAT/i.

Echo grabbed his arm and pulled him into a crushing hug.

"Ow...can't breathe..." Fives gasped for air, being overly dramatic with his gasps.

Echo loosened his hold a tiny amount. "There. Now stay."

"Fine." Fives muttered angrily.

"Hello, this is your ferry service to Zeffo here, just want to let you know that we are coming into land at our final destination. Thank you for choosing AirRepublic, getting you to your battle on time." The voice of the pilot, called Dodger, came over the ship's built in comms system.

He did this every time that he landed somewhere, but he did get a laugh from (y/n) though.

The ship touched down on Zeffo's storm beaten surface, doors sliding open as it did. I could see the tanks and men preparing for the rear assault as we walked out of the LAAT/i, lining up in squadrons, cleaning weapons, preparing for battle.

"Ok 332nd!" (y/n) boomed beside you. "Are we ready for battle?"

"Sir yes sir!" The clanking of many clone's armours as they stood to attention was like music to my ears.

"Prepare to move out!" (y/n) finished.

He looked over at me. "Are you ready Soka?"

"Of course." I laughed.

"Ok. Let's go."