Chapter 82: We Meet Again

Tyra Banks Plays Tamara Jones

Tyra Banks Plays Tamara Jones. Iman's Manager

Monday, January 15, 1990

I was receiving several calls from Nikki telling me how much he missed me. He called earlier on today and told me he was shooting a video for their upcoming song Without You. He said they were shooting it at the Galveston Opera House in Houston Texas. He said he wrote that song about Heather and Tommy. I thought it was sweet. He sounded very tired; I can imagine the tour taking a toll on him. Poor guy. He was asking me if I could come down and visit him today, but I had a photoshoot and a meeting with Tamara that I had to attend. So, I told him I would find some other time to come and see him. I also decided to give him my schedule days of when I would be free so he could call me. He was really happy about that.

After my photo shoot, the limo dropped me off at our headquarters. I got out of the car and headed into the building. When I reached up to the floor where the meeting was being held. I realized that we were going to be inside a conference room. I still had a fear of conference rooms. But I thought to myself, I was able to look myself in the mirror, I was able to show Nikki my body, I was able to now sleep in the dark, I was able to travel and visit Nikki, so now I will have to conquer my fear of conference rooms. I took a deep breath and walked towards the door to the secretary's office.

"Hi, Miss. Darlington." The secretary says standing up to greet me.

"Hi, are they in there?"

"Yes, they are." She says walking towards the door and opening it up. "Hi, Miss. Darlington is here." She says to the people in the room.

"Send her in please."

"They're ready for you." She says holding the door open for me.

I took another deep breath then exhaled and started fidgeting with my fingers. I walked slowly into the room and saw two businessmen one lady and Tamara sitting at the table.

I flinched a bit as the secretary closed the door behind me. I looked around the conference room remembering the screams, the pleas, the sound of his voice in my ear, him forcing himself into me.

"Miss. Darlington?" One guy called to me.

There was no one there to help me, no one there to hear me scream, I was alone, and I was scared.

"Iman!" Tamara called.

I snapped out of my thinking and looked at everyone in the room. I didn't realize that my eyes were teary, and my chest was heaving up and down.

"Are you alright Miss. Darlington?" The woman asks.

"Uh... yeah." I sniffled as tears started coming down my cheek.

I looked over at Tamara who looked pissed off.

"Do you need a moment?" The one gentleman asks.

"Um-"