FORTY

||40|| WHEN DEATH COMES KNOCKING

___

DUMBLEDORE DIDN'T ASK QUESTIONS WHEN THEY ARRIVED MONDAY MORNING AT THREE. He simply let them be and asked if the meeting went well. Aurora made a snarky comment about money before she headed up to her dorm to catch some sleep.

Draco did the same before he snuck into his single dorm. He stared at the ceiling, not being able to fall asleep without Aurora in his arms and her sweet scent in the air.

A small thud was heard in his room and he sat up. Aurora sheepishly picked up a book that had fallen as she looked at him. "I miss you."

He moved aside and let her crawl in bed next to him, "And im the needy one." He muttered as he wrapped his arms around her waist and brought her closer.

She looked at him, "You are." She murmured quietly as she played with his necklace, "I just have my moments." She said as she closed her eyes.

Draco didn't want to ruin the moment but he had to tell her, "I'm almost done with the cabinet, I've got to add one more thing and it should be done."

The air was filled with silence for a second before he felt her hug him tighter, "We'll be okay." She whispered. "Dumbo has become a target..." she said slowly, "He mentioned it today."

"It wasn't me-if that's what you're asking. The Dark Lord must believe I'm working on the cabinet and my second task has been delayed slightly. It won't be long before I'm summoned home."

Aurora bit her lip, "Does anyone else know about it?"

Draco wanted to say Pansy, but he knew that in telling her she would have to ask about why and how. He wasn't ready to answer that.

"No, just you. Now sleep." He whispered, holding her tightly before the two drifted off.

___

The rest of the school year went by faster than Aurora could process, the white wand had become accustomed to being with her at all times and whenever she forgot it-it would appear in her hand the next moment. Almost as if it were warning her.

Hermione and Auorra still hadn't spoken to one another, leading to awkward group meets and taking turns with the boys.

"She was there at the will reading, she must care about you." Ron said as they walked side by side to their next class.