Don't Go

I was laying in Darrian's bed with him, my head against his chest. I was watching his phone as we scrolled through TikTok together.

"I still can't believe we're going to be in college next year. I still remember going to school for the first day of kindergarten." I said.

"High school went by fast. All those goddamn assignments that we had to do seem so pointless now." Darrian agreed.

"Well to me they were always pointless." I laughed.

"I'm sure college is the same unfortunately." He told me with fake sympathy.

"I just realized we never talked about how college was going to look for both of us." I said as I propped myself up on my elbows.

"Why don't we talk about that tomorrow cause I'm pretty tired right now. It's been a long day."

"It really has been, goodnight." I said as I kissed him and snuggled up against his side.

"Goodnight baby." He mumbled as he kissed the top of my head and wrapped an arm around my middle.

The next morning I walked into the compound alone. Darrian stayed at his house to help pack stuff up. Darrian's dad got a job offer but Darrian won't tell me where!

"Hey sweetheart." Tony greeted.

"Hey dad."

I saw Loki on the couch reading a book. Loki and I were no longer friends since he was acting like an ass to me ever since Darrian and I first started dating.

"Hello Loki."

He didn't acknowledge that I said anything, or that I was even there.

"So you're giving me the silent treatment now huh? ... Answer me you asshole!"

"Well that escalated quickly." Tony stated as he slowly backed out of the room.

"Why are you acting like such an ass lately!?"

"Stop."

"That's all you have to say to me!? Fucking STOP!!?!"

"SAY SOMETHING YOU DICKHEAD!!!!" I screamed as I threw a pillow at him.

"STOP ACTING LIKE A BITCH!" Loki shouted at me as he discarded the book and stood up.

"DON'T CALL ME A BITCH YOU ASSHOLE!" I shouted.

"DON'T CALL ME AN ASSHOLE YOU WENCH!" Loki yelled back.

"WHAT DID YOU JUST CALL ME?!?!" I shouted through my anger.

I was about to say some pretty interesting things when the doorbell rang. I glared darkly at Loki for a minute before going to open the door.

"Hey, what are you doing here!" I asked happily as I hugged Darrian. He wrapped his arms around my waist in response.

I wasn't going to see him until the end of the week, well not anymore I guess. He was supposed to help his family pack up their house for the rest of the week.

I noticed that he didn't seem happy so I pulled back from the hug a little but kept my hands on his shoulders.

"Darrian what's wrong? Is everything okay?"

"I need to talk to you... alone." He said staring at Loki.

I turned and glared at Loki, my eyes telling him to get lost. He only stared back at me with defiance in his own eyes.

"Why don't we talk outside." I offered when Loki made no move to leave the room.

Darrian took my hand gently and led me outside into the middle of the grassy field so we could talk freely. I just stood there looking at him with patience, wondering what he had to say.