fifty

"Check this out." I showed Aunt Mir the things I bought for the baby.

"I am so excited. I can't wait to meet him or her. Look at this bassinet, it's amazing." I showed her the picture.

"Oh, I wanted that bassinet. Ben and I thought that the baby would love it."

"Why did I see your name on the board with Dr. Unger?" I asked, giving her the opportunity to confide in me.

"I lost the baby... I.." she cleared her throat, blinking back the tears.

"I lost my... my baby girl and I am feeling every ounce of pain." She sobbed.

"She was alive, almost through her journey then she's gone, just like that. I just don't understand.."

"I feel bad for throwing my baby stuff in your face."

"I won't say I'm fine, that'd be a lie. However, I am coping and I don't want that to hinder your happiness. Please, be happy and pregnant. Enjoy this for the both of us." She said then smiled, embracing me.

"Dr. Bailey, can I speak with you?" Levi nervously asked.

She let go, turning to him.

"Dr. Warren called."

"Good! Where is he? That man has been holding one of my OR's for over an hour. He still isn't here yet."

"Remember, he and Jackson had their PRT thing today. Ben wanted to give him a tour, try to get him as his partner on the truck."

"He also..." Schmitt gulped, looking at me.

"What is it, Schmitt?"

"He said Dr. Avery was shot." He blurted out.

"Shot?" I repeated.

He nodded. I took my phone out of my pocket, instantly FaceTiming him. It thoroughly rang before ending.

°

Jackson groaned, glaring at Ben as they made their way to Grey-Sloan. He sighed, seeing Sage's name on his phone before dropping it on his lap.

"You're kidding me.."

"I'm sorry, man." Ben apologized.

"I get shot, now my wife, who was told by your wife, is going to curse me out... because I got shot."

Ben laughed.

°

"He did say that they'll be here soon."

"How soon?"

"I don't know."

"What do you know, Schmitt?" He nervously laughed.

"Not much.." he spoke before rushing off.

"Oh, they're here!"