twenty

"No." Jackson said, shaking his head.

"I ever tell you that this beard thing is hot?" I softly rubbed the side of his beard with my thumb.

"Yes. You've told me so many times."

"Where's the harm in another time.. and another..?"

"There's no harm. I would prefer you compliment me on my brain."

"Nothing wrong with brains and beauty, Avery."

"You are right, again, love."

"Hey, Avery, everything all set with me?" Callie asked, handing the tablet to the nurse.

We were saying bye to Callie. She was moving to New York with Penny who'd gotten this big scholarship.

Her face wore a tired look. Her move caused a custody battle between her and Arizona about Sofia. Callie sadly lost so she became depressed.

"Yeah, we're all set."

"Thanks, guys. I really appreciate this." She genuinely smiled.

"Anytime." I told her.

"I'm gonna miss you so much."

"Aw, thanks-"

"Not you, I was talking to Sage." I hugged her, slightly squeezing.

"Knock 'em dead, Dr. Torres." I said smiling as I let her go.

She wiped her tears, nodding then walking away. I turned back to Jackson, giving him 'the look' again.

"Now is not the time. I am very busy."

"Too busy for your girlfriend?"

"Never too busy for my love but too busy to have sex in an on-call room with you."

"This boss thing looks great on you. Sexy, actually. Makes me wanna give you some special treatment.."

"Oh, yeah?" He put down the pen, giving me his full attention.

"You wanna tell me some more about it? I actually have a couple minutes before.."

"Oh, I have surgery, sorry." I said, walking away.

~

I thanked the woman, grabbing the water and chip bag from her then joining Carlos, Raven, Meredith and Alex.

"You guys are unbelievable." Raven rolled her eyes at the others.

"What did I miss?"

"I invited them to my place tomorrow night but they are suddenly so busy."

"I have kids." Mer said.

"I got a date." Carlos shrugged. Raven threw him a look then turned to Alex.

"I just don't wanna go." He said, eating a chip.

"See, all bullshit. Who do you have a date with?" She asked Carlos.