Chapter 5

Alex POV

"Hey Alex, John's here to talk to you" George Says through my door.

"Tell him to go away" I reply.

"Mkay well he already went back down stairs and I'm already here" John says walking into my room.

"What part of leave me alone did you not get?" I ask and his face drops.

"I know but I don't think you're ok and your clearly not gonna tell Laf and Herc and probably not Washington" he replies.

"And what makes you think I'm gonna just tell you all my problems?" I scoff.

"Because I know a little about what your going though. My mums dead, and my dads hardly a dad and I know it's not the same but I know how hard this must be" he sits next to me on my bed.

Well shit now I feel bad for getting mad at him. But I can't just tell him all my problems, I met him only a few days ago.

"Please talk to me?" He begs.

"What do you want me to say?" I look up at him.

"Anything. Everything." He says hopefully.

I sigh and look back down. After a minutes he sighs and get's up. "I was 10" I say just before he walks out the door.

"What?" He asks stopping.

"When my dad left, I was ten" I say. He slowly walks back and sits next to me. "2 years later my mum died of a sickness we both had, but I got better. Me and my brother moved in with my cousin cuz the rest of our family ditched when my mum died. When I was 14 my brother died in a hurricane that destroyed our town. A year later my cousin committed suicide so I moved here with my aunt who was the only one that didn't ditch, but then she died." I realise I'm crying but don't bother to wipe away the tears.

I hate these memories. I hate talking about it. I hate crying. It all just fucking sucks, but there's no way I'm telling him what happened a couple of months before I moved schools, he would just ditch like everyone else.

"I'm so sorry. I had no idea. Are you ok?" He asks putting his hand on mine.

"Eh, I guess" I reply.

"Think we're past the point where you lie about that" he says.

"Then no. But there's nothing I can do about it so there's no point thinking about it" I shrug.

"But you do" says.

"Well what else am I supposed to do pretend I have a real fucking family?!" I ask raising my voice a little.

"Sorry" he says awkwardly.

"No it's fine. Sorry for putting this on you. You can leave if you want" I say.

John POV

I just want to tell him how much I like him but I know nows not the right time. He just needs a friend.

"It's okay, I'll stay here all night if You want me to" I reply.

"Thank you." He smiles a little. Man I can't imagine going through what he has. When my mum died I was depressed for a year and obviously still miss her but if I lost any of my siblings I don't know what I'd do.

"Ok I have an Idea. We can stay here in silence or you can talk to me about whatever you want to or need to which I'm very happy to do, or we I can call Laf and Herc they can come over and bring food and we can watch movies and talk and stuff. It's completely up to you." I say

He thinks for a moment the answers, "I think I just wanna keep my mind off it right now so yeah call Laf and Herc. Oh wait don't! I don't wanna be annoying to George especially on my first night."

"Do you wanna come over to my place?" I ask

"But your dad-"

"As far as my dad knows you're dating Eliza but she moved so your having a shitty day" I cut him off.

"Ok I guess." We walk downstairs and see Washington on Martha on the couch. "Hey Georeg, Martha? I'm going over to John for the night is that ok?" He asks

"Yeah sure if your up for it. Text one of us if you want to be picked up" Martha says.

"Thanks" we walk outside and Laf and Herc are still there.

"Alright y'all we going to the shops for food then y'all sleeping over at my place" I say as we get in the car.

Herc drives us to the shops and I buy a bunch of food for us then we go back to my place. It's only like 6 so my dads still at work.

When we get back to my place Mary runs up to me. "Jackie where have you been dad said you have to get us dinner" he says.

"Why don't you go ask Martha, Henry and James what they want then come get me and I'll get it delivered" I reply and she runs off.

"You have a brother named James?" Alex asks.

"Yeah why?"

"Oh no reason"

We can walk upstairs into my room. "So what are we doing?" Herc asks.

"Can we play truth or dare?!" Laf screams exactly

"How do you play?" Alex asks and we all look at him in shock.

"How do you not know how to play truth or dare?" I ask.

"I didn't play very many games in the Caribbean due to the fact I only had like 2 friends and we didn't know any" he shrugs.

"Ok well then that's what we're playing. Basically you ask someone truth or dare and they choose them you either ask them a question they have to answer truthfully or give them a dare they have to do" I explain.

"Alex truth or dare?" Laf asks him.

"Uh dare a i guess" Alex replies.

"Ok call Eliza and tell her you love her then hang up" he says.

"What no I'm not gonna do that I don't even like her and I don't have her number" Alex protests

"John has her number and none of us like her so why not" Laf says

"Fine" I give him Eliza's number which I only have because she's Peggy's sister.

Alex calls her on speaker and she picks up almost immediately. "Hello?" She answers

"Hey Eliza this is Alex, John gave me your number." He says.

"Oh hey, do you need something" we all hear the way her voice changes.

"Uh yeah I need to tell something... I think I love you" he says then hangs up and we all start laughing except him.

"She's gonna be so pisses when she finds out you don't" laf laughs. After a minute I get a call from Peggy.

"Hey Pegs!" I say putting her on speaker.

"Did you just dare Alex to tell Eliza he loves her?" She asks

"Yeah, well Laf did. Does she know it's a dare?" I ask.

"No but I'm not an idiot right now she's bragging about it to Angelica who's about to start crying" I can basically hear the smile in her voice.

"Tell them it's a dare!" Alex yells.

"Nooo that ruins the fun!" Peggy exclaims. "Mkay well imma go now cuz dad came in" she hangs up.

"Ok Herc truth or dare?" Alex asks.

"Truth" Herc replies.

"Ok so it's dumb but I still don't know, are you and Laf dating?" He asks and we al laugh except him.

"Yes. Ok John truth or dare?" Herc asks me.

"Dare"

"I dare you to tell Alex."

Well shit way to ruin it.