Chapter 25

Trigger warning: mentions of abuse, depressive thoughts, suicide attempt.

*a month later*
John POV

According to Alex, Jefferson's gonna come out tomorrow. I guess I hope it does well. Though it does means that Alex will probably stop hanging out with us.

Do y'all ever get that feeling that nothing's ever gonna change and your gonna be stuck in the same situation your whole life? It's the worst, Alex is with Jefferson, my dad's made a habit of getting drunk on weekends which means its not safe for us but we have no where else to go, and not to mention the fact that Peggy died last night, I haven't told anyone though. I probably should aye.

John🔥✨: y'all have have some bad news.

Lafayette🥖: What?

John🔥✨: Peggy died.

Lafayette🥖: WHAT

Hercules🐴: WHAT

Alex: WHAT

Peggy🍻💛: WHAT

Hercules🐴: hold up-

Lafayette🥖: Who tf u walking bout?

John🔥✨: Peggy.... my turtle.

Peggy🍻💛: ooooohhh ok good for a hot sec I thought I died.

Alex: smh

I laugh and put down my phone. I mean imma be honest without them idiots plus Alex (he smart boi) I dunno what I'd do and Alex is with Jefferson and he clearly really likes him now so my chances are gone and even thought he's not 100% sure yet, Laf might have to go back to France and I can't deal with that shit.

I can't deal with any of this shit. I mean it's mainly my dad ya know. Like every Friday he comes home drunk and of course he's an abusive drunk so I have to make sure my siblings are ok which means I usually end up gettin hurt. Sometimes- well a lot of the time I just wanna end it all.

Alex POV
*a couple hours later*

Me and Jefferson are watching a movie together. We decided on the titanic which was a horrible fucking choice cuz last time I watched this I was crying so fricken much and I'm not a fan of crying in front of people so this should be fun, although Thomas hasn't seen it before.

"Look I know Rose hasn't done anything to bad yet but she kinda seems like a bitch a I kinda wish she had jumped off the boat at the start" Thomas comments then grabs a handful of popcorn.

"Oh we all wish that, fucking slut!" I yell, throwing popcorn at the TV. Suddenly my phone rings. I groan and pick it up when I see it's Laf. "Hey whats up?" I ask, Thomas pauses the movie.

"ALEX! Omg you need to come to the hospital right now!" He screams, it sounds like he's crying.

"what happened?!" I ask sitting up.

"I-I don't know but it's John and they won't tell me anything yet, you have to come down here!" He cries.

"OMG! I'll be there as soon as I can, don't let him fuckin die!" I yell and hang, I start putting shoes on.

"What's wrong?" Thomas asks.

"John's in hospital and Laf doesn't know what happened and they won't tell him anything!" I explain.

"What? Omg! Hold on I'll drive you" he sits up as well.

We run downstairs and get in his car and he drives to the hospital. When we get there we run in and See Laf, Herc and Peggy all sitting in the waiting room. They all look that I've been crying a lots, especially Peggy. "What happened?" I ask.

"Alex you finally here!"Peggy hugs me. "I-I went to pick up John a-and so I went up to his room and he- he was lying on the floor with b-blood around his wrist." She choke out.

"W-What?!" I asked shocked, I can already feel tears welling I my eyes. She hands me a note.

Sorry y'all this low key depressing but plz tell someone about my dad and get my siblings safe, Laf if ya move back to France plz don't forget I existed but if ya do it's all good. Peggy u dumb bitch plz ask them out, u know how I'm talkin bout. Herc if you don't fucking take Laf horseback riding with you next time I will ghost slap ur ass til u do cuz we all know you wanna, Alex again if Jefferson hurts ya I'll beat his ass, dead or alive, but um yeah love u anyways I ain't getting into details here but fuck life so I'll see ya on da other side.

I finish reading it and try to wipe my eyes but I can't stop crying. "When can we see him?" I ask

"I don't know" Herc replies

As he does s nurse walks over to us. "Are you all here for John Laurens?" She ams. We nod. "If you want you can see him down, he's in room 182" she smiles and walks away.

We all run into his room and find him on the bed, I'm not sure if he's unconscious or asleep but his heart rates steady so that's good. I kneel next to his bed. I can't believe this. He could frickin die! I should have been with him and could have Been more, I could have done something about his dad when I first found out about it.

"John"I whisper, I take his hand, obviously not the one that he- y-you know. "I'm so sorry, but please for me? Don't.... die" I say.

After a minutes Peggy and I swap then her and Laf and then Laf and Herc. Soon after a doctor walks in. "Ok, I'm sure guys have some questions right?" He asks, we nod. "Well all the signs lead to attempted suicide" at this I turn to Thomas start crying into this shirt, he just runs his fingers through my hair. "He should make a full recovering soon, he'll wake up at some point today and we can let him go when we know it will continue healing. We also very strongly recommend someone talking to him and asking him to maybe get a therapist or someone who can help him in that way" he explains

"T-thank you" Herc says, the doctor nods and works out.