Chapter 35

Alex POV
*the day John's leaving- the day after graduation*

I pull up to John's house. I'm taking him the airport cuz he said he would rather me than his dad. I walk inside and go up to his room. "Hey, you ready to go?" I ask putting on a fake smile.

"Yeah, you don't have to pretend to be happy, I don't wanna go either" he says grabbing his bags.

"I'm just gonna miss you so fucking much" I reply.

"I'm gonna miss you too, I'll call you as soon as I arrive" I nod and we walk out to my car.

When we arrive at the airport I help him carry some of the bags and walk in with him. When we get to the final place I can go we stop. "I-I don't what you to go" I say softly, trying not to start crying in the middle of an airport.

"I know, I don't wanna go either. I love you so much. I promise I'll text you and call you all the time" he replies.

"I love you too. P-please don't forget about me while you're there" I start crying.

"I'll never forget about you and I'll never break up with you" He pulls me into hug and I wrap my arms around his waist. "You're gonna be ok, I promise." I nod and wipe my eyes. "Oh I almost forgot. I want you to have this, to make sure you don't go wearing anyone else's" he pulls out my favourite of his hoodies and hands it to me.

I laugh a little and put it on, "Thank you." The call his flight number, "y-you better go."

"I love you" he leans down and kisses me

"I love you too" I smile weakly and he turns around to board the plane.

* a couple weeks later*

John texted me a lot at first, but he hasn't been as much. He hasn't called in like 3 days so I decide I'll call him. He answers but it's not him. "Ooh John is this your boyfriend?" I hear someone yell over loud music.

"Give me my fucking phone back!" I hear John yell.

"Nah you don't need him when you've got us" a girls says.

"Fuck off I'm gay now give me my fucking phone" John shouts and there's some muffled sound then him again. "Hey babe sorry about that"

"Hey, it's all good. Where they friends or something?" I ask.

"Eh not really. They drag me around to heaps of parties so the girls can make other guys jealous or somethin, I dunno but they're annoying. Anyways sorry I've been really busy with assignments and stuff how have you been?" He explain.

"Uh good I guess. I'm starting a Kings College Next week so that's fun. I haven't really had anything to do but that's ok, I miss you" I reply.

"I miss you too, hey I have a study period tomorrow, if you want I can FaceTime you then and we can talk properly?" He asks.

"Yeah. Oh buy the way your dad asked me to ask you what he should do with Baguette?"

"Omg make sure he doesn't die! Any chance you would look after him?"

"Yeah I guess I-" I get interrupted by someone.

"Yo John, we're playing 7 minutes in heaven and Jazzy got dared to do it with you." Someone yells.

"Bro you know I've got a boyfriend I'm literally talking to him right now" John replies.

"Come on man, if ur gay it don't mean shit if you make out with a girl, besides some of the others are threatening to steal ur phone a block ur boyfriend and then I dunno ruin ur free period tomorrow"

"John you can go, it's fine" I say a little disappointed.

"Are you sure?" He ask.

"Yeah it's fine. Just don't start dating whoever the hell your making out with" I reply, he laughs a little.

"Ok, I doubt I'll even kiss her so don't worry, but I'll text you the next chance I get and I'll call you tomorrow."

"Ok, love you."

"I love you too, Ok I gotta go now" he hangs up and I put down my phone. He said he was gonna text me to much more. I don't wanna be that annoying boyfriend who always needs attention but I mean he could talk to me a bit instead of going to parties and stuff all the time.

*2 weeks later*

I'm a week into college and we haven't gotten as much work as I thought yet but that's ok, me and Hercules have a room together, so do Peggy and Maria and Eliza and Angelica although Lafayette's still waiting to get his roommate.

John's still been pretty distant. I think he might be dating one of his friends Anthony. Even time he's on the phone with him he comes in and pulls him away. I would rather him just breakup with me than lie to me.

Herc's out so it's just me when I hear a knock on the door. I open it and see Jefferson. "Hey Thomas whats up?" I ask.

"Nothin, I heard you're in the dorm belong Me. Is John your roommate?" He asks.

"John? No his dad got him into Yale so he's there now." I shrug.

"Oh I'm sorry. It must be hard having a long distance relationship like that" he says sweetly.

"Yeah I guess. I don't really know if it's a relationship at this point. I think he's got a new boyfriend, he's been super distant and not texting me nearly as much as he said." I explain.

"Is there anything I can do to help? I get it, me and James broke up after high school" he's so sweet sometimes, even to people call him a dick. I decided to do something I'll probably regret later and lean forward to kiss him.

About 15 minutes later he starts pulling off my shirt, I already took his off. He continues kissing my neck and collarbone and chest which makes me moan softly. A couple minutes later someone opens the door. "Alex?!" John yells.