Chapter 31

Alex POV

After Jazzy Goes home I get a cab and drive to John's. I wanna make sure he's ok, he seemed really weird.

When I get there I knock on the door and Martha opens it "Alex! Omg come in" She sounds scared.

"What's wrong? Is it your dad?" I ask.

"No, it's John!" She cries, my heart drops.

"What's he doing? Is he hurt?"

"I don't know, he's in his room and I think he's drunk"

"Ok, stay down here." I run up into John's room. I knock on the door. "John?" I slowly open then door and see him slumped on a chair with a cup in his hand. "Baby what's going on with you"

"Nothing I'm fine" he growls.

"Uh huh" I walk over and take the cup from his hand. "John where did you get this?" I ask, throwing the cup in the bin.

"Have you met my father?"

"John stop, this isn't you! You're like 17 you can't get drunk" I say.

"You can't tell me what to fucking do!" He yells, standing up but stumbling a bit.

"Babe sit down. What happened? Why are you drunk?" I ask.

"You're really pretty" he smiles, leaning forward onto me and ignoring the question.

"John stop it." I push him off me. "Come on" I try to drag him to lay down on his bad. He pulls me on with him.

"You're hot" he whispers, trying to take off my shirt.

"John! What the hell, stop it" I yell.

"What don't you love me anymore?" He asks offended.

"Yes I love you but you're drunk! I don't even know why, earlier you said you were sick." I reply.

"Well I didn't wanna be stuck there all afternoon with 'jasmine'" he yells.

"John" I sigh. "You don't know anything about her, what's your problem" I ask

"You know what my problem is! Don't act all innocent" he shouts.

"I don't know what you're talking about. Please just tell me what's wrong," I plead, taking his hands.

"Fuck you, you wouldn't believe me anyways. I'm going home" he pulls back his hands and starts walking out.

"John this is your home" I sigh.

"Then Get out"

"Not until you tell me why your upset" I protest. We hear footsteps up the stairs.

"Sounds like my dad's home" he stares at me.

"I'll text you" I quickly climb out the window so Henry doesn't get catch me.

I get in s cab and head back home, why is John acting so weird, I mean yeah he was drunk but still. Why is he mad, what did I do?

*the next day*

I walk into school and see all the others sitting around a table, including John. He didn't respond to any of my messages last night. "Hey Alex" Eliza smiles.

"Hey" I reply and sit down between her and John. John gets up and walks away.

"What's up with him?" Laf asks.

"I don't know, he's been acting weird since yesterday afternoon. Imma go talk to him." I get up and follow him into the bathroom. When I walk in I see him leaning Against the wall on the verge of tears. "Babe what's wrong?" I ask walking over and taking on of his hands.

"N-Nothing" he says, pulling his hand back.

"John? Come on talk to me, you've been acting weird since yesterday and and haven't answered any of my messages, I'm worried about you" I plead.

"I-I think we should break up" he stutters.

"Wh-What?" I ask confused.

"I'm sorry, I love you but-" I cut him off.

"Wait- Wait a minute" I feel my eyes fill with water. "You're serious? Why? I love you, whatever I did I'm sorry" I start crying.

"I can't be with someone knowing they're hiding stuff from me or ashamed of me" he continues.

"What do you mean? I would never hide anything from you and I'm not ashamed of you! Your my best friend and I love yo-"

"Then what about Jasmine? Is it true you dated for 2 years and only broke up because you moved here?" He asks, tears running down his face as well now.

"W-well Yeah but that ways a year ago, I love you I wouldn't lie about that" i reply.

"She said you promised you would always love her, did you keep that promise?"

"I-I dunno, I haven't seen her in a year! I don't know how I feel" I reply,

"Fine then why didn't you tell me you dated? Why did I have to hear it from her and if you don't love her then why did she tell me you guys were gonna get back together?" He asks.

"I didn't know she said that" I mumble "I'm sorry John you know I love you" I beg

"I love you too, but if you love her then you should be with her, i don't wanna be with you and not trust you. I'm sorry" he starts walking out.

"John please I'm sorry. I swear you can trust me" I try to grab his hand but he just keeps walking. He walks out and the door closes behind him. I stand in shine until I here the bell rings and someone walks in.

"Alex?" Lafayette asks "the bell rang are you coming to class?"

"Yeah, Yeah I am sorry" I wipe my face and start walking out.

"Hey, what happened?"

"John b-broke up with me" I reply.

"Omg why?"  He exclaims.

"Cuz my ex from Nevis moved to New York and I didn't tell him we dating cuz I didn't think it mattered but apparently she told him and said that we were gonna get back together so he thinks I still love her and he can't trust me"  I explain.

"I'm so sorry. Were you going to get back together with her? Do you still love her?" He asks.

"No I wouldn't get back together with her, you know how much I love John. I haven't seen her in a year I mean we were dating for 2 years but I don't love her anymore I don't know how I feel but I don't wanna break up with John"

"Do you want me to talk to him?"

"He won't listen there's no point. I'm gonna go to class" I walk out.