Chapter 14

Trigger warning- mentions of abuse.

Alex POV

I don't know if I should text John or not. It could get him in more trouble, or it could help him. Fuck ok I'll just text him.

Alex: John Are you ok?

Alex: I'm so sorry!

Alex: is there anything I can do to help?

Alex: idk if your getting these but if you are please answer I'm so sorry

Great now I'm just annoying him. I can't stop thinking about what's gonna happen to him. I mean his dad already hurt him when he had just come over to work but now he knows he's gay and I can't think of any way John could have an excuse for what he saw.

What about is siblings, they looked so scared. How often does their dad abuse them? I should have stayed with him. I could have protected him or I could have not kissed him or not even gone over there.

I just lay on the bed for I don't even know how long pretty much just worrying about John but a while later like at least an hour  I hear George shouts that there's someone at the door. I sigh and get up. I walk downstairs and see John holding a bag of stuff.

"John! Omg are you ok? What happened? How are you here?" I run over and hug him.

"Hey, I'm fine but he um kicked me out..." He says quietly.

"I'm so sorry." I say

"It's fine, I just don't have a place to stay"

"Hold on" I walk over to George and Martha who are standing in the room "Hey Umm John's Dad kicked him out so he doesn't have anywhere to stay.... is there any chance he could stay with us for awhile?" I ask

"Yeah of course, he can stay as long as he wants" George replies.

"Thank you." I walk back over to John "If you want you can stay here" I say.

"Are you sure? Cuz I don't wanna be a burden I can probably fine another place to stay" He replies.

"John, I swear it's fine. You can stay here as long as you want" I assure him.

"Ok... thank you"  he smiles weakly. George and Martha walk over.

"Do you need Anything John? I assume you'll share a room with Alex but if your not comfortable with that or don't want to there's a spare room across the hall." Martha explains.

"Thank you so much" He says. We walk up stairs and he says he's happy to stay in my room. "Are you sure it's ok for me to stay here?" He asks.

"Yeah of courses" I reply. "Do you wanna talk about what happened?" He sighs and sits on the bed.

"I guess. After you left he started yelling about how he didn't raise a fag and how I'm a huge disappointment and my mums probably glad she's not here to see me now stuff like that. He hit me a couple times and threw some stuff but then he just told me to pack my shit and leave" He explains.

"Omg I'm so sorry!" I exclaim. My eyes well with tears and I hug him. "How badly did he hurt you?"

"Not too bad, he just punched me in the face and ribs a couple times, he just threw a couple of objects from my room and only a few hit me in the arm or something" he starts crying and leans against my chest. "I'm sorry"

"No don't be sorry. This isn't your fault, no one should be treated like that for any reason. You deserve so much better" I gently stroke his hair.

"Why doesn't he love me? What did I do wrong? I just want him to at least accept me" he sobs.

"I know. You didn't do anything wrong and you don't deserve this. I'm sorry, I wish there was something I could do to help you. He doesn't matter, don't listen to anything he says because he's wrong." I say softly.

"T-thank you" He wraps his arms around my waist. We sit in silence for awhile. I swear I'm gonna kill his dad for this. John's The kindest person I know and he shouldn't have to hide who he is and he should be tortured for it.

My phone goes of and I want to ignore it but John tells me to answer it. It's from Martha.

Martha🍭: Hey Alex, it's Martha. Do you know we're John is? dad sent him out awhile ago and he's not answering his phone, I'm really worried.

"Hey John, do you have your phone?" I ask.

"No, my dad took it" he shakes his head.

Alex: hey Martha. John's here with me and he'll be staying here for a bit. Your dad has his phone but I'll let him text you in mine.

I hand my Phone to John. "Martha wanted to speak to you" He smiles a little and takes it.

*the next day- at school*

Me and John arrive at school and Find Laf, Herc and Peggy. "Hey guys how's it going?" Herc asks.

"Shit" John replies.

"Oh shit did we miss something?" Peggy asks.

"My dad found out I'm gay and kicked me out" John explains.

"Omg I'm so sorry mom ami" Laf says.

"Wait how did he find out?" Herc asks.

"Uhh he came home almost 2 hours early came into my room while me and Alex we making out"

"See I could make so many comments but I feel like nows not the time" Laf says, we nod.

"Alex!" Eliza squeals, running over to us with Angelica grumpily behind her.

"Oh shit" I mumble. "Um hi Eliza. What's up?" I ask.

"Good. I tried to see you yesterday but I couldn't fine you?" She asks flirtatiously.

"Uhhh ok Eliza I dunno how to say this but-" She cuts me off.

"We should go out tonight! I love how nervous you are" She giggles.

"No Umm I was-" She cuts me off again.

"So what should we do? We could see a movie or get dinner or both. We can do both. Ok Angelica said she can drive us so I can pick you up at 6" She smiles and walks away.

"No wait-" She's already gone. "Hey Peggy do you wanna tell her I don't like her?" I ask.

"No not really, this is really fun for me" She smiles.

"Well I'm not about to go out on a date with her, I can't lead her on" I protest.

"Can't you just tell her sometime today?" Herc asks.

"Yeah I guess"