9

The phone's ding seeped into the gardener's nap-hazed mind but didn't register until it chimed again. He had finished his ramen and with only a stool or a cot to choose from, stretched out on the cot to read and wait for his boss's call.

She had texted with a single question. "Which thickness do you think is better?" Two blank boxes followed. His ancient cell couldn't handle photos. He hated even texting on it. She was so rich she's probably never seen a phone as piece of shit as his.

He replied he couldn't receive pics. His phone started ringing. Fuck, he'd have to talk to her.

She started in with no preamble. "I got excited so I came to get some stone pavers. There's too much to choose from. I should have brought you along. We'll do it another day. Do you know where the tool shed is in the greenhouse?"

He couldn't be in a tiny space with her. Please, no... "I can find it."

"Great. Go through the tools and make a list of all the equipment that's in usable shape and what we will need. I'll get it from you in the morning."

"Yes, ma'am," he answered in a neutral tone.

"I think we are having a very productive first day together. Thank you, Mr. Kim."

What should he say to that? "Yes, ma'am. Goodbye." She always made him feel ill-equipped to deal with her. At least he had something to do that would keep his mind off the dream he'd had during his nap.

It was the same dream. The spider with his boss's beautiful face creeping closer to him, winding him up in silk threads as her delicate fingers touched his body.

Thankfully the phone woke him before she started stripping his clothes off along with the silk cocoon

Just before dusk, Taehyung left the greenhouse and headed back home. The afternoon had flown by as he inspected all the shovels and shears, machetes and rakes. There were a few ancient things that he didn't even know the name of, or what they were for. The solitude had been wonderful. Maybe he could hope for more of it.

As he stepped up onto his porch, he noticed something by the door. Oh, god - not another package. It was a pretty hefty box, filling his arms but not terribly heavy.

He dropped the box on the counter and grabbed the knife, slicing open the tape. He steeled himself against what he might find, the x-rated toy still fresh in his mind.

There were clothes and a Timberlands box, with a note on top.