20

"I'm not going with you to pick out a mattress." There was no way in hell he was trying out mattresses, lying down on a bed with his boss watching, worrying he was popping a boner, because he'd been looking at her stretched out on a bed, beckoning him over.

He'd never keep his mind, and his dick, from going to ... off-topic places. "I will drop you off if you want, but I am going home to start putting all this furniture together."

"But what if I pick one you don't like!" Yung Mi was getting more irritated by the moment. The loveseat and the bedding had not survived the damaged crate.

"You wanted me to be honest, so I am. I will be happy with whatever you get." The sun was getting warm on the open dock and Taehyung pushed his sleeves up as he crossed his arms to emphasize his stubbornness. Yung Mi was distracted by the definition of the muscles in his forearms.

Their arguing was making the poor dock master nervous. "Please take a look at this piece, Madame. The original purchaser declined delivery because of a tiny bit of damage." He led them around a container to a breathtaking vintage Balinese opium bed. "It was $3000, but you can have it for the cost of shipping. How does $400 sound?"

Yung Mi gasped in delight

Yung Mi gasped in delight. "Oh my god! In the greenhouse! Mr. Kim, what do you think?"

"I think you love it. So you should get it." How could anyone deny her, with that childlike excitement? Especially since he wasn't paying for it.

"Do you think it will look cool in there?"

"I'm not a good person to ask. I'm more into function than form."

"It's perfect for stretching out and reading a book! We'll take it," the widow said, nodding to the dock master.

Taehyung looked at her in confusion. "We'll" take it? There she was again, talking about "we." What did she have in her mind? When she said "we" would garden, she truly meant both of them. The picture of chilling with his boss, quietly reading their books, gave him a stupid, fizzy feeling in his chest.

The dock workers loaded the boxes with the bed, chair, chest and drafting table onto the truck. Yung Mi arranged for the upholsterer to pick up the other pieces. The daybed needed a cushion and pillows, and the loveseat was the perfect size for the limited space in the tea house, so its torn fabric would be replaced with new upholstery.

All the way back to town, Yung Mi quizzed her gardener about his taste in furnishings, favorite colors, likes and dislikes. All she could deduce was that he liked brown and green. He refused several more times to go with her to pick a mattress. Taehyung was so relieved when she got out of the truck and headed into the store without him.

His relief was short-lived. He was not happy that he had to ask the mean-eyed driver to help him move the boxes into the tea house. He didn't want the guy in his house, but he couldn't lift the large boxes by himself. He was waiting on Mr. Park to come help him put the bed together. It definitely needed two people. The chair and dresser had only needed to be unboxed, but the drafting table was a bitch to put together. It looked pretty cool, but he had no idea what the widow thought he would do with it. He couldn't draw a stick man.