47

Dreary, wet weather had moved in and made itself permanent since Christmas. For Taehyung, the rain meant no working, no picnics at the beach, and no Madame to lust over, at least not in person. His mood was as gloomy as the forecast. But then came a ray of sunshine: his phone buzzed with a text.

Meet me at the greenhouse
in 15

?? It's pouring

R u going to melt?

??
whatever
I'll be there

When she was unpredictable and bossy, it made him crazy. It pissed him off. And turned him on. And that made him crazy. Ever since that night at the club, he'd wanted her, fiercely. She had denied him the opportunity to touch her, having held his hands hostage, and now his fingers burned to touch her all over, all the time. He brushed his teeth, threw on a jacket and headed to see what his sexy boss wanted.

Yung Mi was out of breath by the time she reached the greenhouse. She had stopped to brush her hair and that led to putting on some makeup and then changing clothes. What little breath she had, caught in her throat at the sight of her gardener.

He was nonchalant elegance, lounging in boredom. He oozed sex appeal. He looked good enough to fuck. His dusky pink lips beckoned to her own. His thin white tee hinted at the definition of his firm chest. His long, dark curls were tousled, the perfect anchor for her fingers when ...

 His long, dark curls were tousled, the perfect anchor for her fingers when

"Glad you could finally make it," he muttered.

"I'll make it worth your time." Yung Mi flashed him a seductive smile. "Happy Birthday," she said as she drew a small cake from behind her back.

He sat up, eyes flashing from her to the cake. His expression softened with genuine delight before he schooled his features to a polite smile. "Thank you. I wasn't expecting anything."

Taehyung watched as she sat the cake on the table and lit the candle. "Don't you dare ..."

She winked at him and launched into the Happy Birthday song. He was shaking his head in embarrassment. She made a point to hold his gaze during the "dear Taehyung" part, and his cheeks tinted pink before breaking into a dazzling grin that he fought to control.

Yung Mi unrolled a pair of cloth napkins. "Uh oh, how did I do this?" She held up two knives but only one fork.

She carefully cut a piece, then speared a chunk with the fork. "Open up, birthday boy."

Taehyung didn't miss her seductive little smirk. He wanted to open her up. He wrapped his lips around the sweet treat as he gazed at her, and gave an appreciative hum. In his imagination, she tasted even better than the cake. He was ready to make it reality.