37

While his boss was making amends for choking her sub, Taehyung was across the street at the cafe that had become part of his day-off routine. Chim caught his eye as he came in and motioned for him to join, after he got his lunch. A pair of obsidian eyes bored into Taehyung as he waved to the pink haired man and ordered his usual.

The eyes belonged to Shiko, his boss's sadistic nemesis, the mistress that didn't want to share the billionaire sub with his "child bride." She smiled sweetly at the barista as she slid a $20 bill at her. "I would appreciate it if you could accidentally give me that young man's order. He wants to date my daughter, so I'm investigating. You know how mothers are," she winked.

The barista grinned. "Lucky girl," she whispered as she fanned herself at Taehyung's hotness.

"Good looks fade. It's character that counts," she admonished the girl, who just laughed and tucked the money into her apron.

When Shiko had her hands on the drink marked with his name, she turned and looked around. "Taehyung? I seem to have a Taehyung's coffee."

The gardener looked up from his phone to see who was calling him. A middle aged lady with dark eyes and light brown hair was smiling at him. "Young man, I believe I have something you want," she said sweetly as she held out his drink. "Wait, first tell me what it is. I may want to trade," she giggled.

The gardener bowed in thanks, determined to be respectful but get away from her as soon as politely possible. She was probably the tenth woman that had approached him wanting a sugar baby to keep her company during her midlife crisis.

"What is your name, young man? You have impeccable manners."

He wished she had impeccable manners. "Kim Taehyung, ma'am."

"My name is Shiko. Shiko Yokiro." She held her hand out like he was supposed to do something with it. He wasn't going to kiss it, so he shook it briefly and bowed again. "What do you do, dear?"

"I'm a gardener." Taehyung wished the pink haired guy would come rescue him, act like his boyfriend,  anything to get away from this woman.

"Which company are you with? I know most of the landscapers here."

"I'm the resident gardener at the Kim Estate." Thank goodness his boss had given him that fancy title.

The woman's face lit up. "Oh my! I have heard wonderful things about you. The Kims are longtime friends of mine. So ... how are you getting along with Yung Mi?" Her singsong tone was hinting at something wrong or inappropriate.

Taehyung's eyes hardened and his tone turned frosty. "Madame Kim has so far been an excellent employer. She has a good eye for garden design. It will be rewarding to assist in restoring the estate gardens."

Taehyung reached for his drink. "Thank you for returning my coffee. It has been a pleasure meeting you." He bowed swiftly and snatched his lunch from the counter, making his way to the table to join Chim. Taehyung didn't see the woman narrow her evil eyes at him.

"So, do you have a new sugar mama?" Chim gave a naughty smirk and wiggled his eyebrows at Taehyung.

"No! I was hoping you'd come rescue me."

"You would be crazy to trade your boss for that old lady. Just sayin'..."

"Yung Mi is not my sugar mama." Taehyung was getting irritated about this topic.

Chim propped his chin on his hand to hear the tea. "Oh, of course. Yung Mi is not your sugar mama."

"Just forget it. That woman knows her, anyway. Said her name was Shiko, I think."