54

Yung Mi squinted her sleep-dry eyes against the mid morning sun. Her head hurt. Staying up till 4 am binge watching some stupid k drama had seemed a better idea than going to bed when Taehyung did. In the end, it only delayed the inevitable. Her, hopelessly entwined with her irresistible housemate.

In the night, Yung Mi had stolen the flatter pillow for her head. The remaining pillow rested on her chest, with her gardener's head nestled on top of it. She studied Taehyung's angelic face, relaxed in the bliss of sleep. His arms held her, along with the pillow, in sweet captivity.

The urge to kiss Taehyung welled up and she curled down to plant a soft peck on his perfect nose. His breathing changed as a smile fluttered across his features. Panic flooded her sleep-addled brain. What the fuck was wrong with her? These indulgences were dangerous.

When Taehyung's breathing had evened out again and she felt safe from discovery, she stretched and untangled herself. She paused to look back at him, unruly, dark locks scattered on the pillow. She had displaced the covers getting up and he looked cold. Untangling the blanket would probably wake him, so she picked up his old man robe and draped it over his bare shoulders. Another indulgence...

After a quick bathroom trip, she headed to the kitchen to find some breakfast

After a quick bathroom trip, she headed to the kitchen to find some breakfast. Eventually the smell of coffee and bacon conjured a sleep-mussed Taehyung, scanning the kitchen like he'd just stumbled into a new universe.

"Good morning, sunshine," Yung Mi said as she handed him a mug of coffee. He peaked out from under his long bangs and gave her a shy smile. Before he could muster words, a siren's wail started small and grew ever louder.

They moved to look out at the driveway in time to see an ambulance, lights flashing, cruising sedately down the long drive towards the main house. Their eyes met in a knowing glance. Someone there had fallen sick like the housekeeper.

Yung Mi scrambled for her phone as it started ringing. "Mr. Park, are you OK?"

Taehyung waited for her to relay the information. When her eyes welled with tears, he knew it wasn't good. Instinctively, he reached out for her smaller hand but caught himself, letting his hand drop to his side.

"Well," she started as she put down her phone, "Cook has a fever, a pretty high fever and Mr. Park has a headache, so they're both going to the hospital, as a precaution. He has no idea why they used the sirens." The only bright spot in the whole mess was that the hospitalized housekeeper seemed to be improving on the antibiotics.

"That's good news at least," Taehyung said, wishing he had taken her hand.

She swiped a finger at a stray tear and then crossed her arms. "Promise me you won't get sick."

He chuckled and nodded carelessly.

"I mean it. I couldn't take it," she said sternly.

He grinned down at her. "Yes, ma'am."