14

Taehyung counted the day as a good one. It was the widow's day off in town, so he had been blissfully alone. The gardener had indeed started on the greenhouse, but he didn't think his boss would be angry. What the hell did she mean anyway by "consequences?" She could fire him, but that would be fine. He'd get paid 3 months salary for doing nothing, which was only slightly less work than what he was doing now. He'd never had such as easy job or such a confusing boss.

All he had done in the greenhouse was move out the last of the old pots and tables, and rake the gravel away from the center area where they would be working. It was just grunt work and something to keep himself busy.

What he had done that was contrary to Madame's instructions, was today's assignment. Now his boss was back and looking at him like she was considering creative ways to cook him for dinner.

"Mr

"Mr. Kim, if I tell you that we are going to trim the grass with tiny scissors, then you get on your hands and knees and follow behind me while we do exactly that."

"Yes, Madame." The image of her on all fours, ass in his face, was quite captivating. There were all sorts of possibilities ...

"Mr. Kim?"

"Ma'am?" He had missed the last part of what she was saying.

"I asked how you decided to make your own plan today?"

"Your concern is grass invading the moss. Pulling it is labor intensive and also disturbs the moss roots. So I put sulfur on it."

"Because?" Yung Mi motioned with her hand for him to continue with his explanation

"Moss likes a soil pH of 5.5, more acidic than grass, which likes it around 7. So, I tested the pH and got some ammonium sulfate to correct the soil's alkalinity. It seemed like a better long-term solution."

Yung Mi studied him for several moments longer than he would have liked. She was thinking that intelligence made him twice as attractive as he already was. And that deep voice ...

"It is your side yard after all. Let's see how it works. I do enjoy a man that can think for himself."

Something about the way she said "enjoy" made Taehyung want to shiver. He wondered again if she was flirting with him.