40

Taehyung's brain, but especially his dick, needed some down time, so he spent the weekend gaming and binge watching innocent k-dramas. Saturday was murky and rainy, so Yung Mi didn't feel guilty about reading the day away once she'd checked on her orchids. The latest book in the Shadowlands series was keeping her busy. It had mystery, romance and a pair of hot doms taming their bratty sub that made for some first rate bdsm scenes. Her toy drawer got opened more than once.

Sunday dawned bright and clear. And cold. It reminded Taehyung of his childhood in Daegu, where winters were much harsher than on Jeju Island. Sometimes he missed the snow. He threw on a coat, wanting to feel the crisp air.

He ambled down to check on the fish. He had expected the pond to reflect the brilliant blue sky, but it was hazy. He figured it was the temperature difference between the water and the air. The fish seemed happy to see him, their little mouths making o's as they tarried at the surface.

After lunch, he noticed the pond, in addition to being cloudy, was unnaturally still. He threw his jacket on again and went down to check it out. Once he got close enough, he could tell that the little ripples produced by the aerator were missing. He wondered if lack of oxygen was why the fish had been staying so close to the surface earlier.

The aerator device was supported on a base, just below the surface in the deepest part of the pond. Most of the pond maintenance could be done in the chest high waders he'd bought just for the job, but the water was too deep around the aerator. He would need to go in the boat. He contemplated if he needed to call his boss for help. After only a few seconds, he decided it was a really good excuse to get to see her.

It took her forever to answer the phone, but she seemed happy to hear from him. He asked if she was busy and after hearing that she wasn't, he launched into his explanation of why he needed her to come outside on this frigid day.

"I'll be right there, but I don't promise I'll be very stylish," she warned.

"You always look good." He cringed. WTF was wrong with him! "Don't wear anything nice, we might get dirty."

"I like to get dirty." Then she giggled, the sexiest little laugh he'd ever heard.

He could feel himself blush and didn't trust his voice enough to speak. He didn't even know what to say. "See you in a few."

Yung Mi decided that the old sweats she was wearing were about as warm as anything she had. She added a fleece hoodie over her sweatshirt, and wool socks to keep her feet warm in her wellies. She made a mental note to get herself some insulated rubber boots, and thought it was a safe gift idea for Taehyung. Christmas and his birthday were coming up. After five minutes of digging, she found her winter hat.

She had wasted so much time she decided that instead of putting in her contacts, she would just keep her glasses on. Her hot gardener had already seen her in her glasses, and after her "getting dirty" comment, she probably didn't need to dress like she had seduction on her mind. She rolled her eyes at herself for how giddy she was, tamping down her enthusiasm to see him.

Taehyung was waiting at the boat with his toolbox. He gave her a naughty grin as he looked her up and down. "Nice outfit, Paddington Bear."

"Oh shut up. I warned you," she growled playfully.

He laughed. "I don't look any better. Let's get this over with before we freeze to death."