48

Taehyung felt like Cinderella, well, a male version of Cinderella. The princess was taking him to the ball and it was all so surreal. His boss had literally stunned him speechless with her dress. No movie star had ever looked more glamorous. The fiery patterned silk. The chains at her neck and waist. The bare skin that the dress left uncovered. It was hard to look directly at her. It was hard for him to keep his eyes off her. He was a complete mess.

To him, Yung Mi was a peacock among pigeons that night at the club

To him, Yung Mi was a peacock among pigeons that night at the club. The longing looks that she garnered from men and women alike left him with a strange mix of pride and insecurity. His gaze followed her everywhere that New Year's Eve. He was too busy looking at her to notice the lusty stares he himself was getting.

His hands touched as much of her as he reasonably could while they danced. There was only one slow song where he could caress her bare back. He thought about pulling the chain to tug her head back so he could kiss her neck.  But he chickened out. He was saving his courage for the kiss at midnight.

Just like always, her friends included him like he'd always been a part of their group. He finally got to meet her mentor, the famous D. The guy was the intimidating kind of quiet. As the night wore on though, he loosened up, talking and laughing with the others. The few minutes D talked to him though, were nerve wracking. Taehyung felt like he was being interviewed by Yung Mi's father or older brother. He didn't know how someone as outgoing as Chim fit with someone so ... contained.

Kookie was having a grand time. He and RM were the same as when they'd all gone out, platonic and chill with each other. Djinn and Hobi were harder to figure out. Taehyung could swear they'd give each other jealous glances, then look at each other a little too long or a little too intensely. Besides that, they were funny as hell, keeping everyone laughing at nothing.

The whole evening seemed too good to be true

The whole evening seemed too good to be true. Hobi and Jin arrived with champagne for all of them. "It's almost midnight. Are we ready?" Hobi was so energetic.

Taehyung's heart skipped a beat. This was it. He was finally going to feel his boss's ruby red lips pressed to his. She'd sucked his dick but didn't give him a kiss. He wanted that kiss so bad and he was going to get it tonight. In ten ... nine ... eight ...