28

Yung Mi had to wait until Mr. Im was back from Seoul. The estate manager went once every couple of weeks to tend to the properties there. She wished he'd stay in Seoul forever. She found him coming across the enclosed courtyard of the main house. The widow summoned up all of her domme energy and greeted him with a predatory smile.

"Mr. Im. There is a problem I know you can help me with. Mr. Kim's paycheck is overdue."

He gave her smarmy grin. "Madam, there is no mistake. Your stepson, Master Kim, instructed us to trim the estate budget and your private gardener was a luxury we couldn't keep."

Yung Mi tsked. "I wonder what has Brad in such a bad mood. Just the other day, I was talking about how wonderful the upcoming Pride Parade will be, and he went on the most awful rant. He gets more homophobic by the day. It will be ugly if he ever finds out how inclusive our payroll is." She gave him a pointed look.

Mr. Im glared at her. "Perhaps Master Kim will allow more time, so I can come up with a solution that pleases everyone."

"I know he will. You can be so persuasive, Mr. Im." Yung Mi turned and left the hideous toad standing there stewing. She didn't know why he hated her so much. He seemed to bother her more than Brad told him to. If she had to, she would fight him and her stepson tooth and nail. Nobody was taking her gardener away from her.

She found Taehyung loading water lilies into the small flat-bottomed boat they had gotten for the pond. She was so excited to finally get the water plants in place. When they bloomed, they would be gorgeous. These plants were the last step before they could add the koi.

The pair loaded themselves into the boat and Taehyung pushed them out from the shore with a long pole. The sky was a vivid blue and cloudless. The bright sun glinting off the water was blinding Yung Mi. The second time she complained of it hurting her eyes, Taehyung silently took off his sunglasses and handed them to her.

"Thank you, Taehyung. You are so sweet," she grinned at her hot gardener.

"Shut up," he said jokingly

"Shut up," he said jokingly. "I didn't give you a kidney." With the dark glasses on, Yung Mi could barely make out the blush that painted his cheeks.

On the second trip out in the boat, Yung Mi started feeling a little queasy. She supposed it was the rocking of the boat. They almost turned the boat over a couple of times, trying to lean out and situate the plants in the water.