50

The list of things Taehyung wouldn't do with his boss was growing dangerously short. He had promised himself he would never go where he was about to go. He wished she'd hurry up because he was running out of ways to rationalize his reckless behavior.

His boss was running late. Taehyung stood awkwardly, feeling out of place in the living room of the main house. The weather was chilly in the mornings so she had asked him to wait inside. He was wandering around, looking at all the weird crap that rich people fill their houses with. There was a diorama of Neverland, complete with a tiny flying Peter Pan. Why?

His eyes landed on an old bridal portrait across the room. It was some young girl with big bambi eyes. He wondered about her story and walked over to it.

Oh, fuck

Oh, fuck. It was his boss. He could hardly recognize her in this poor, desolate girl. She looked stunned, betrayed even. Seeing this vulnerable girl instead of the confident woman he knew, her story of being sold as a "high priced prostitute" seemed even more ... horrible. How could anyone do ...

"Sorry you've been waiting. Help me with this box, please."

His boss breezed into the room, radiating a nonchalant dominance. Her long, glossy black hair stood out against a pale pink dress coat and matched her black boots. Fucking high heel, black ... leather ... boots. He could feel a blush start on his cheeks as he remembered the last time she'd worn boots, she was sucking his ... Focus, Taehyung. He took the big box from her. "What is all this?"

"Gifts for all the January birthdays." He had agreed to go with her to a fucking orphanage, proof positive he had lost his mind. As if his lunatic "choke me in the Box" ploy wasn't proof enough. But hey, it was a chance to spend all day with Yung Mi, 3 hours of it alone in the car with her. He was a fucking simp.

He supposed it could be considered part of his job. "Do you do this every month?"  He was both fearful and hopeful that her answer would be yes. The little shot of adrenaline kicked his heart rate up.

"Some months, Mr. Park takes the gifts."  He followed her through the foyer to the big front doors, busy calling himself names for being fucking disappointed that he couldn't go with his boss every month to some god-forsaken orphanage. He didn't know exactly what he was doing with his boss, but fuzzy boundaries and lack of labels wasn't slowing him down.

Her voice brought him back to the task at hand. "It's going to warm up and be a nice day for a drive. I want to take the convertible."

Taehyung had seen the car in the garage with the others. It was a beautiful Aston Martin coupe, classic racing green with a saddle brown cloth top. He stowed the boxes in the small back seat. The polished walnut steering wheel was on the right side of the car, or the wrong side of the car, as far as he was concerned. He'd never driven a British-made car like this. He'd been having a lot of firsts lately.