3

The young widow Kim sat in the middle of her huge bed, surrounded by gardening books and catalogs. It was after midnight but she was too giddy to sleep. She shook out her long black hair and piled it back on her head, rearranging the clip that held it.
The man had said "yes" to the job of gardener.

She had been worried when he asked to double the salary, but he took her first counter offer. She was excited about planning her garden, but her more immediate task, or opportunity as she saw it, was refurbishing the neglected tea house as the gardener's quarters. It was perfect, really. Close to the greenhouse and surrounded by a pond on one corner, she couldn't wait to redecorate it.

She could never really do anything to the main house that was truly her taste. It was stuffed to the gills with family heirlooms and to change it required too much wrangling with Dickhead Brad, her stepson. He was 13 years her senior, and literal demon spawn. Even his pretentious self-chosen "English" name was obnoxious. It made you expect Brad Pitt, but he looked like an Asian Steve Buscemi. His wife, Nicole (after Nicole Kidman, of course) was thankfully too stupid to be truly dangerous.

Kim Taehyung would start work in 2 weeks. If she ordered the furniture tonight, it would be here in less than a month. They could make it work until then. She had loved everything in the Sundance catalogue since her boarding school days. One of her boarding school friends had dressed every weekend exclusively in Sundance clothes, and the girl felt as free and rebellious as the American Wild West when she would borrow her friend's clothes.

She ordered the loveseat and chair, a drafting table where they could sketch garden plans and a piece for storage.

Somehow, Yung Mi could see him lounging in the leather chair in the evenings, even if she didn't know what he looked like, or what style he liked

And this bed but with different bedding. Oh! And some pillows. She made a mood board so she could keep up with everything.

She put a reminder in her phone to ask sweet Mr

She put a reminder in her phone to ask sweet Mr. Park when the carpenters and painters would arrive. She needed to decide on a paint color, and there were some needed repairs in the greenhouse as well. She had purchased the furniture from her allowance, but the greenhouse repairs would need to be approved by the toad himself, Mr. Im. That was a worry for tomorrow.