Chapter 15

{Play with fire- Sam Tinnesz}

-I've always liked to play with fire-

[Warning: sexual content in this chapter]

The sun was shining and the birds were chirping. It was a beautiful day. Just as every other. Every 10th May.

We were at the airport.

"Are you sure you can drive this thing." I ask uncertainly looking at Kai who was sitting next to me in the plane. He obviously chose a private plane full of luxury.

"Of course. I learned to fly you know, when I got bored I just sat on a plane and taught myself. Died a few times but eventually I achieved." Kai said with a tone of pride.

I gulped because I was still not so sure about this whole flying thing. I mean how bad can it be. Worst case scenario, we crash land and I die. Haha.

"Okay, just let's go." I sigh in defeat.

Kai starts the plane and I hold my breath as we fly higher and higher in the sky.

"Chill we are past the hard part... except of course manoeuvring and landing." He laughs.

I hit his arm playfully trying to hold back my smile.

"So what are your plans after we get out?" Kai asks.

"I'll get back to school and hopefully i'll graduate."

"Boring." Kai boo-s me.

"Why? What are your plans then?" I ask irritatedly.

"I'll merge with my twin and become coven leader. After that i'll kill my father with an excruciating death. Maybe kill the rest of my family." he simply says.

I can't speak. I thought he was done with this killer thing but turns out he's not. "Wow" is all I can say and I fall back to utter silence.

Kai cocks a brow at me "You didn't actually think that I'm not a sociopath anymore did you?"

"I just thought that you don't want more harm to your family and that you would stop with the killing." I realise how stupid I am. I really thought Kai changed. Just because he was kind with me for a month and suddenly he'd change because of me. That's the problem with me. I always try to grab the best in the people and live up to those expectations only to hurt myself. I always see the redemption in people but some people simply can't change. That's just how they are.

"Please Laura, don't be stupid. You thought that I changed because I comforted you when you were scared? Of course I comforted you. I need you to get out. Don't think for one moment that I actually care for you." Kai laughs but his laugh isn't joyful. It is evil. Evil, coming from the deepest pits of hell.

I just turn my head towards the window and I feel anger build up inside me. "Fucking murderer" I murmur to myself but I obviously didn't succeed because Kai grabs my neck and pulls me towards him.