Chapter 18

{Animals-Maroon 5}

-You can pretend it's meant to be but you can't stay away from me.-

-Don't tell no lie-lie-lie-lie, you can't deny-ny-ny-ny the beast inside si-si-si-side-

[Warning: this chapter contains assault and may be triggering for some, read at your own risk]

Kai

"Are you sure?" I ask Liv as we walk into the hospital.

"Yes Kai, for gods sake why would I lie?"

I raise my eyebrows and stop walking. Liv turns back and scoffs "What?"

"Why would you lie?" i frown "Well I don't know, maybe because I was in a prion world for 18 years because of our family."

"Sorry for trying to safe our lives." Liv rolls her eyes in disbelief "Do you even know how much you ruined my life, our life?"

Is she serious? "Sorry I didn't notice...oh that's because I was locked away. Just shut up and stop whining. Where's Josette?" i ask irritatedly.

"She works here. Follow me." I do as she tells and follow her into a room at the end of the corridor.

Liv knocks on the door with a deep sigh. As the door opens a raven-haired woman appears behind it.

Jo.

"Hey sis. Long time no see, huh?" I grin at her wickedly and smirk when I see her face get paler and paler and her breathing getting uncontrollable.

"K-Kai?" she stutters. "How-When?"

"It's a long story actually but basically I met this smart, hot girl and ya know, she was a Bennett witch." I wink. "But now for the fun part... You're coming with me."

I grab her arm and before Liv could interact I whisper "Invisique" and me and Jo are out of sight.

Laura

Last night I told everyone what happened from the beginning to the end. Well, not everything... But that's not a problem because I have that feeling that they wouldn't be proud of my actions.

I have a strange feeling.

Strange, it's like I don't know what's wrong but I can feel a storm coming. And somehow I feel that Kai could be the cause of it.

I know I shouldn't think about him but I can't stop. I might actually... miss him.

"Laura!" Caroline barges into my room. My parents aren't home so I guess it's not that hard for a vampire to sneak in.

"Care?" I didn't expect to see her.

"Something is wrong." She looks at me. "Are you okay? We don't want you to take part in all the drama."