Chapter 1

A/N: Hello everyone! So I changed the book a bit; why Catra goes to school, changed and add some new parts of the book, removed some characters since they're too many imo. Also if there's any errors I apologize for that. The chapters are so mixed up and I'll change that tom. Anyways thank you for patience and everything, enjoy reading!

Adora's POV

We must be strong
(We must be strong)
And we must be gay
(Importantly gay)

I groaned as I heard my alarm awaking me from my sleep.

We gotta fight every bit of our
strength that we have so we
can't straight fall for straight
people.

(Oh no, no)

I forced myself to sit up while rubbing my eyes.

We must be strong
(And gay)

I closed my alarm that's on my desk then stands up while yawning.

I looked at my calendar to see that it's Thursday means I have to go to work so I then quickly goes to the shower to prepare myself.

My name is Adora Grayskull. 17 years old and currently taking a shower.

Since school isn't starting yet I work with my brother, Adam at a small cafe so we can have supplies for everyday since it's just me, him, and our Grandma Razz who's helping each other.

We don't have our parents with us.

Our parents had died already years ago.

When I finished taking a shower, I stepped out of the bathroom then dressed up myself before stepping out of my room.

"Good morning Razz." I kissed Razz on the cheek who smiled warmly at me while preparing some tea. "You too, Adumb." I teased my brother as I sit down besides him.

"Good morning aswell Adorka." He teased back. "Ready for a long day of work?"

I nodds.

He sighs. "Honestly, you shouldn't be working, I told you that you just focus on studyi -"

"Told you that I can handle it, and besides, school isn't even starting yet." I retorted then stands up again to help Razz to carry the tea she made.

"Speaking of school, when is your school starting again dearie?" Razz asked me as we sit down.

"At Monday." I answered sipping my tea.

"Have you enrolled yet?" Adam asked.

"Me and Bow will at Saturday with Glim accompanying us." I respond mentioning my two bestfriends.

"Alright, and then by Monday, you'll need to resign." Adam said.

"What, no -"

"I'm not hearing a no, Adora, just focus on your studies, I can handle the work." Adam said in a final tone then sips his tea.

"But I really can manage -"

"No, buts." He cuts me off strictly.

Damn it.

I just really want to have a purpose in this house.

I want to help Adam in work because he had already done so much for us. He didn't even go to his own college because of lack of money we have and instead he's just saving up some money for my own college and for Razz's medicines.