Chapter 14

Catra's POV

Adora.

She's been on my mind ever since she hugged me.

And it's been a week since that day.

So in short, she's been on my head nonstop for a damn week. Always on my dreams, on my mind, whenever I eat or even take a bath, she's in there!

The worst part is, whenever I think of her, my heart beats so fast, my cheeks feels burning in a fever, and my stomach feels like being partied by butterflies.

I hate this feeling.

"This episode is so romantic!" I heard Lonnie sobbed. "Abc just found out their feelings for Efg! It's so cute how Abc is so new to their romantic feelings! How they feel Efg is always in their mind!"

I listened at her blaberring with widen eyes.

Romantic feelings?

"How they always feel their heart beating so fast -"

N-No.

"How they feel their cheeks always burning up -"

It can't be.

"How they feel their stomach being partied by butterflies!"

No!

I can't have romantic feelings towards Adora!

I can't like her!

I can't like Adora - damn it! Why is my heart beating so fast again?

No, to clear that of, I do not like Adora.

I just probably feel this way because Adora's the first friend I've ever had since it's all Lonnie, Kyle and Rogelio I'm always with.

Yeah, that.

"It's so adora -"

"I DON'T LIKE HER!" I screamed flustered.

"What do you mean? Are you okay?" They stared at me confused.

"Yeah, it's nothing." I cleared my throat.

"Okay." Rogelio trailed off. "By the way, as I'm saying, this lizard is so adorable." He showed us a picture of lizard on his phone.

Oh, he means adorable.

Damn it.

I'm going mad because of you.

-

I laid on my bed then stared at the ceiling.

I forgot to mention, it's saturday now by the way.

No school today.

No photoshoots, interviews or concerts either because Hordak is busy whatever he's planning on his awful life.

The others are also eating downstairs so I'm alone for now.

I sighs.

I wonder what Adora is doing now?

I blinked.

No, stop. You don't like her. Stop.

I blinked again.

Why does having to check on her have to involves some romantic whaever?

I grabbed my phone then went to texts and finds her number. She gave me her number yesterday so we can chat as she told me.

Me: Hey, do you want to hang out today?

I sent nervously.

It's not like I like her it's just because I'm bored right now okay?

I tossed my phone at the side then patiently waits for her reply.

Why am I feeling so nervous? I thought then breathes out. Oh and I don't know maybe because she might decline, ask me if I like her, then stay away from me forever -

My phone rings making me snap out of my thoughts as I immediately grabbed it.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Casper!" I heard Adora said loudly through the phone. "Sorry, but I have a work today so I can't really go. I'm really sorry!"

"You have a work?" I said. "Aren't you still a student? Why do you work?"

"To help the fam." She responds.

"What's your job?" I asked.

"Waitress at a the Thaymor Cafe - yes, okay okay." I heard she talked to someone. "Sorry, Casp. But I gotta go. There's many customers today. Talk to you later."

"Alright, bye."

The call ended as I sigh then lays down.

Thaymor Cafe.

Should I go there?

It's not because I like her. It's because I'm bored okay?

-

"We are here, ma'am." Bob announced.

I only hummed then stare at the cafe while sitting at the car.

It's true what she said earlier, the cafe looks so full of people just looking at the window.

I explore my eyes more and I saw Adora, sweating while handing the same ration bars she gave me before towards the customers.

So you can also buy it here.

Now I don't blame the people for going in here, those ration bars are really good.

"Hey, Bob." I said while getting my check card.

"Yes, ma'am?"

"Buy that whole cafe." I told him then hands him the chack card. "Also, sold out all of their ration bars."

"Got it."

"Oh and one more important thing." I stopped him. "Make sure to increase the workers payments."