Chapter 17

Adora's POV

I kept on calling Casper to know where she is but she isn't responding making me frown missing her.

I felt someone pulled me making me look up from my phone.

"You almost bumped into someone." Glimmer scolds me. "Stop looking at your phone."

"Sorry." I mumbled. "I'm just checking on Casper. She hasn't replied yet."

"Just wait when you get a notification then." Glimmer says as I nodded then puts my phone on my pocket.

Seconds later it vibrates making me check immediately if it's Casper who texted but it was just Glimmer who texted me.

Glimmer: You thought

I turned towards Glimmer who's laughing at me. "Glimmer!"

"Sorry sorry." She snickers. "Maybe she's already on her class. Try checking her there."

"Alright, I'll go now then. See you later." I bid my goodbye to Glimmer as I head on my first class.

When I entered, I still didn't see a sign of Casper making release a sigh and just sit on my chair.

Maybe she's just late.

I felt my phone vibrates again making me look at it as I frowned seeing the chat.

Glimmer: Hah, you thought again

I groans then sent a middle finger emoji at her as I slumped on my table.

I felt someone sits besides me. "Can you sit on another chair please? Casper will be sitting in there."

"Oh, alright. Guess you already replaced me with another Casper." I heard she says making me look at her immediately to see her standing up.

I held her hand while stopping her, a chuckle releasing my mouth. "No, nevermind. I guess you're kind of worthy sitting there."

She chuckles lightly then shook her head on me as she sits again besides me.

"So, why weren't you responding on my texts." I made my voice serious.

She scratches her head. "I left my phone on my house in a hurry."

I was about to say something when proffesor Netossa entered the class.
"Good morning, class. Please quite down, I have an very important announcement."

The class turned silent as we listened.

"We'll be having a field trip tomorrow asap."

All of us had a few mix reaction. Confused, shock, and excitement.

"Why? Isn't it too early?" A student asked.

"It was the principal's idea. She really didn't said any reasons why." Proffesor Netossa said. "So be ready for tomorrow. We'll be leaving six in the morning."

"Where will we be going proffesor?" Another student asked.

"At the zoo, you all will meet your kinds in there." Proffesor Netossa laughs making the class facepalms at her. "It's not just a zoo though, there'll be camping, swimming, and cave tour."

Excited gossips field the whole class talking about the field trip for tomorrow.

"What is a field trip?" I heard Casper asked.

"It's an event of a school where they took students on a fun and local places." I answered.

She nodded understanding. "Why did that student said that its early to go on a field trip?"

"Well, our field trip usually happens after finals. So it's a shock that field trip happens this early - and tomorrow that is." I explained. "Are you going to come? It'll be really fun!"

She nodded. "Yeah, I will."

"Also, you can invite your parents and aunt - also other friends or relatives that you have if you want." I told her. "I'm bringing Adam. So he can have a break on working. I can't bring Razz though since she hates traveling."

She nodded.

She turned silent afterwards and seems to be in a deep thought, Proffesor Netossa starts on her lesson as I just listened.

-

Glimmer: I'm really confused, I've been asking Mom about the sudden field trip since yesterday. But she doesn't answer me and just pats my head with a smile... I can tell something is wrong with her Adora. I just know it.

I sighs as I reads Glimmer's text while I prepared my bag for our field trip later.

It's been yesterday since it was announced and we will be going on later.

Me: Don't worry Glim, she'll tell it soon.

Glimmer: I hope so.

As I was done texting Glimmer, I looked on my messages with Casper to see that she still hasn't replied yet making me frown.

She's been so distant yesterday after the announcement. As if there was something bugging her. I want to ask her about it but I just decided to not.