Chapter 43

SIN'S POV

It's been a day after we found Xana, she's hospitalized with serious injuries caused by the long years of rape and beatings. We haven't got word from her since she was taken in, all we know is that she had to be sedated.

Zeke still doesn't know about his mother and from the looks of it, he is going to be kept in the dark for a while.

My family and I were all in one of our old clubs, a closed one that's only used by us. The men are all drinking, excluding Vin and Cameron, July and mom were also drinking with us. We were all in silence drinking our beers when suddenly someone knocked on the door.

"Weird, no one comes here except for us." John was right and we all knew it. We took out our guns and I went to open the door.

I opened the door and felt my heart stop when I saw who was at the door.

There stood Ferdinand, in front of me in uniform and with eyes full of deep sadness. The last time I saw him was when Dalila had been kidnapped. I lower my gun and look at Ferdinand, waiting for him to tell me why he is here, I just hope he's here for what I think he is...

"I'm sorry Sin." Ferdinand says and lowers his head. I look at him in disbelief, the only coherent thing in my head was the word no.

"NO... No... No...nonononononononono!!!" I keep repeating over and over, my brothers were behind me, they opened the door more so that they could see what was going on, and when they saw Ferdinand, they knew immediately what was going on.

I look over Ferdinand's shoulder, and behind him, many military men and two women stood straight. Four of those men were carrying a casquet, these men and women are all the surviving members of Dalila and I's old team. Which immediately gave away who was inside that casquet.

I fell on my knees unashamed and broke down crying. Dad and John put their hands on my shoulders trying to comfort me, but I refused to acknowledge them. Behind me I heard some noise, someone was trying to pass through my brothers to see what was going on, but they didn't let him. Suddenly Jack fell to the floor and Diesel appeared, red with fury and sweating from the force he used to remove my brother out of his way.

When Diesel saw me on the floor he came running towards me, he looked into Ferdinand's eyes and then behind him, towards my old team, and that's when he saw the casquet on their shoulders.

"No..." Diesel whispered and took a step back. Just then two more men appeared from behind the ones carrying Dalila's casquet. They too were carrying a casquet on their shoulders, but this one was smaller. But small or not, it was still a casquet.

When we saw the small casquet we all paled, Diesel started taking steps back, his eyes were red and rimmed with tears, he stepped back until he tripped over his own feet and fell. The moment he fell, so did his tears.

Ferdinand bent down and gave me a hand, I took it feeling numb and he pulled me up. He then started taking his backpack off of his shoulders and reached for something inside it.

"What is going on here?" Mom pushed through my brothers, helped Diesel onto his feet, and looked and my dad waiting for an answer.

"Dalila is home..." My dad whispered.

Ferdinand handed me some papers and three books that he took out from his backpack and after that he said:

"Sin, meet your step-son Raul." I fainted the moment I heard him utter those words.

"My sincere condolences and apologies for this shouldn't have ended like it did." I still heard Ferdinand mutter before darkness took over me.

SAGE'S POV

This ends today.

Right after leaving the airport I went home, packed my things, and called Ferdinand's daughter. She's a flying attendant and tomorrow we're leaving. She's working on a first-class plane and the pilot is her boyfriend. They are going to Sicily tomorrow and Ferdinand called her to let her know that I'm going with her.

My last job in America as the Gold Trigger is today. I went inside my room and searched for my secret box. My grenades and sensitive bombs were still intact inside the box.

"You won't even know what hit you, bastard."

That night I set the bombs in all the buildings that I know he owns and left to go home.

- Next day, 1 November -

The explosions that I provoked were all over the news in the morning. The hedgehog's gang was almost completely wiped out, with 172 people dying in the explosions.

With this thought in mind, I happily left my house, I returned the rented car and took a taxi to the airport. Ray Ray was the only one who wasn't happy. The only way that he could board the plane was if he was inside a cage, and let's just say that he isn't happy with this rule.

I reached the airport, paid for the taxi, and went inside to meet with Ferdinand's daughter. It wasn't hard to miss her, her curly brown hair and kind brown eyes attracted my attention, she recognized me from the picture her father sent her and waved me over.

"Hi, you must be Sage. I'm Navy Adilynn, you may call Adi." She smiled and we shock hands. Soon after that, her boyfriend joined us and they guided me through the worker's entrance towards the plane. During our walk, they started talking and we fell into a somewhat comfortable conversation.

On this plane were only six other passengers, while we were boarding I discretely put a small letter inside Navy's skirt back pocket and sat down on the seat she pointed me to.

I started getting a bad feeling the closer we got to the takeoff time and my feeling was proven right the moment an ugly-looking Igor invaded the airplane with two other men besides him and pointed a gun at me and the people close to me.

"Game over bitch!" Igor sneered loudly and took a step forward. Navy chose that exact moment to get out of the pilot cabin, she was probably coming to check up on me but when Navy saw Igor and his men her eyes hardened. There was slight fear in her eyes but her determination won, she took a deep breath and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Don't stink your nose on other people's business miss, it could end badly for you." Igor said the last part darkly, his voice took a dangerous tone, I took that distraction and took a knife out of jeans waistband and stabbed Igor's arm.

*BANG!* A bullet was shot. Pain started radiating through my leg and blood started dripping down, staining my jeans and the plane's carpeted floor. Around me people started screaming, Harver came from the pilot's cabin to see what was going on and the next thing I see, if he hadn't grabbed Navy, she would have been punched.

"That was a WARNING SAGE! Next will be the rest of the passengers and I know that you won't let that happen. So move your ass bitch!" Igor grabbed my arm roughly and pushed me to walk in front of him. I tried to walk as best as I could, I know that if I start limping that Igor will beat me. It hurt like hell, but my limping was turn to a minimum. I locked eyes with Harver and Navy and nodded, they tried to stop these fuckers and for that I'm grateful.

I saw Harver push a secret emergency button, it will send a distress signal directly towards the tower of control and the closest police station, warning everyone that something bad was going on.

Igor pushed me to walk faster, and when we were getting close to the airplane's door I 'accidentally' strumbled and tripped the man in front of me, making him fall to his death from the airplane's door towards the hard concrete floor.

"HAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!" The man screamed.

Navy being the daughter of a high-ranked military man understands the gory things that sometimes we must do to survive, and so she started chuckling when she saw what I did.

Navy tried one last time to save me. She attacked Igor's friend, the one walking behind me, and Igor and I took the chance to attack Igor again. This didn't go well, and the next thing I know, Navy is on the floor. Her cheek was a very angry red and her lip was busted, Harver was fuming but he had to help Navy. And me you may ask. I got hit on the head with the butt of Igor's gun and passed out.

"Happy fucking birthday, bitch!" Those were the last words I heard Igor utter before I completely passed out...