Chapter 18

Ten minutes later and I couldn’t believe who I was seeing walking in my direction........

The women had grey almost completely white hair, her face was a bit more wrinkled then I remember, but the moment she looked me in the eyes and smile at me it eradicated all my doubles. That was the only signal of confirmation that I needed to know it was her....

“LEANE !” I screamed and took off running towards her awaiting arms.

The moment she had me in her safe arms she spinned me around like she did when I was a child and hugged me to her chest. She had already stopped spinning me but she was still hugging me when she finally talked.

" Six years, two months, four days and five hours is how long we’ve been apart mio piccola bambina (my little girl).”

“I missed you so much abuela Le (grandma)” But all too soon our moment was interrupted .

“Nanna Lady ? Is that you ?”

Leane let go off me and took a look to the person behind me who asked the question.

“Zeke boy ! You’ve gotten so big since I last saw you! “She gushed over him

Abuela took my arm and started walking with me towards the group. Omar, Joe and Valeria all smilled at us.

“Zeke boy come here mio piccolo bambino (my little boy)”

“Nanna Lady I missed you !” Zeke sniffed, his voice came out muffled cause abuela was squiching us in her bear hug.

“I missed you too my little bugs.”

I left the hug and went towards nonna Val and her sons.

“Thank you.” I told them as I pulled’em into a hug.

***********

After all that emotional bullshit we finally went inside the cafe...

“Nanna, Lorenzo went crazy when you were taken. He went on a killing rampage and then he got depressed.” Zeke told Leane

“Damn that uomo (man). These Sinner mans will never learn.”

“Abuela, why didn’t you go back to Italy ? I trough you were going to the airport the last time you visited us ?”

“Oh, but I went to the airport, Sage but every single time I tried to leave America... It was a disgrace ! The first time I tried to leave, Vinico’s man were all over the place, one saw me and I had to run! In freaking heels. Heels for god’s sakes!”

“Abuela you’re a drama Queen”

" *scoff* I would like to see you running in heels.” Both nonna and abuela scoffed at me

“I would never run in heels cause I would use them as a weapon wich is the smartest thing you would have done. When you worked with my nonno didn’t you use heels as weapons....? Cause I think my mamma told me you did.” I send her a pointed glare. Both my uncles and Zeke were sweating feeling the tension in the air.