Chapter 17

I ignore every call and every scream from the people in the house. I keep my head held high and walk forward following Ray Ray and never looking back. But somehow, even without looking back I still know that I'm being followed

“Nina ! Aspettare ! ” (Wait !)

Of course it’s him 🙄

“Aspettare Nina !” (Wait Nina!)

“Cum dannazione Nina mi aspetta piccola !” (damn Nina wait for me girl !)

" Why should I Zeke ? If you want to come with me, then you have to keep up.” I tell him, while still walking.

Half an hour later of following Ray Ray around the streets of Boston, we finally reach my car.

I unlock the door, open it and take my phone out, imediatly starting to deal Valeria’s number.

" What are you doing ?” Zeke’s breathless voice asks me.

" Calling the owner of the keys.”

*ring* *rin-*

“SAGE VINA DESTENY SINNER quando ti metterò gli occhi su di te .... ti finirò! ” ( When I put your eyes on you ... I will kill you.)

" Sì, sì Val-” (Yes, yes Val)

To you is nonna Val little miss.”

" Yes nonna Val, can I ask you for a big favor ?” The moment Zeke hears the word ‘nonna’ his eyes widen and he starts coughing.

“How big ?”

“The size of a set of pocket keys.”

Keys for what ? From where ? And who the hell is coughing ? Who are you with ? Did you get a boyfriend and didn’t tell me ?”

" Jesus mulher, tantas perguntas.” ( Jesus woman, so many questions.)

" First I did not get a boyfriend, second I met some members of the HS and a son of one of them is who you're hearing, he is having a coughing fit and third I need the keys of your residence in Sicily. I need you to send uncle Joe and uncle Omar to a place 5 hours away from your house with the keys, I'll text you the adress. Oh and it's urgent, many people will die if I don't send that keys to Sicily today." I drop all this information on Val and was about to hang up when the old bat started screaming at me again.

"SAGE !!!!!!!!! You little- *deep breaths* *more deep breaths* alright, see you in 5 hours." She says that and hangs up on me.

Well, I wasn't expecting this one...

"You called your nonna to help in Sicily ?" Zeke questions me in disbelife.

"Yes, now you're coming or you're staying ? I need to know cause I have to get on the move." I don't even give him time to answer me. I get in the driver's seat and start the car.

I'm ready to go, Ray Ray is installed in the back seat and Zeke is standing in the sidewalk looking at me like I'm crazy.

"Are you coming or what Zeke !"

"I'm coming, I'm coming, I just need to tell my dad an-"