Epilogue

~ Meanwhile in Sicily ~

No one knew anything about what was going on in New York. They were all busy with the arrival of the bodies of Dalila and Raul and preparing their funerals to worry about someone 'unknown'.

Sin looks like a walking corpse and everyone's mood is dark and bitter.

Vin's childish act cleared up the moment he saw his mother's casquet but he was still very attached to Hazel.

Diesel was a lost cause, creating havoc all over Sicily, crying at home during the night, and fighting with everyone during the day. The only thing that consoles him are the diaries of his mother who, despite being in Portuguese, continued to bring him comfort.

A day before the funeral Rosa Pinheiro arrived with Malcolm, and to say she was pissed with what she saw was an error. The woman was more than pissed, she scared everyone with her demoniac attitude.

Through a small letter that Malcolm gave her, the woman took care of things. Together with Leane and Valeria, the women took care of everything funeral-related, from the type of tombstones to the invitations.

ROSA'S POV

The moment I saw Malcolm at my doorstep I knew that something was wrong. He always called me before coming over to Portugal. The look on his face and the letter on his hands told me that whatever he was going to tell me wasn't good.

And I was right. The next thing I know we're on a plane with destination to Sicily. Malcolm took me to an old closed bar and in there I found my grandsons and my son-in-law.

They looked horrified, like death itself have was close to taking them to hell. The only one who looked a little decent was Vin and that was only because of sweet Hazel. The girl was by his side helping him with everything, forgiving him when he accidentally ran her over with his wheelchair, and handling his tantrums like a pro, honestly, she's a blessing.

When I went to talk with Sin about the funeral, he told me about my grandson Raul, the man was crying and he had snot all over himself, I mean I lost my daughter and he isn't seeing me like that. First, we take care of the funeral, and then we can cry all we want, for god's sake.

Sin, that incompetent asshole had nothing prepared. I left him alone at the bar stole I found him in and went to a room, I don't know whose room and I don't care, all I care is that this was the only quiet place in the whole house or bar or whatever the hell you want to call this shit. I took the letter from my pocket and re-read it.

30 de Novembro de ****

Senhora Rosa,

Eu sei que não me conhece, mas eu conheci a sua filha, aliás foi ela que me criou desde bebé. Para mim ela era a minha mãe e por isso é que lhe estou a escrever esta carta. De momento as coisas em Sicília devem estar uma confusão. Enviei hoje o corpo da sua filha para lá, e é sobre isso que eu queria falar.

Todos sabemos que aquela gente são uns toscos, devem estar todos nalgum tipo esquesito de depressão e ou choque por causa do trauma de perderem a mãe, mulher, cunhada... E nós a duas sabemos que de entre todos na familia as portuguesas são as mais malucas e rijas que se pode encontrar e é por isso que lhe peço que tome conta das preparações do funeral da minha mãe.

Eu mandei as indicações de como a mãe queria que o funeral dela fosse para os Sinner, mas sabendo que eles de momento estão 'incapacitados' e que o Sin não deve ter prestado atenção a nada do que escrevi, mando-lhe a sí as mesmas indicações que ela me deu muito antes de morrer.