Lance Stroll | 8, 11

"accident"

"I'm so proud of you"

Walking through the pit lane, you were absolutely nervous. Today would be the first time since the accident last year you step into a racing car again. The accident happened in Barcelona, exactly that race track you'll give your comeback today. Not to remember what happened might help but you could feel the tension in your body. You asked yourself many times if it wouldn't be the best thing to quit racing after you almost died that accident. You had severe injuries, two broken feet, some broken ribs and a skull base fracture. Spending three months in the hospital, one if them at the intensive care unit, you almost gave up your dream of becoming the first female F1 champion. The doctor didn't want to give you any prognosis about your future or if you would ever be able to drive a F2 car (on the physical side, the mentally side was something different). After a long rehab, where you had to learn how to walk again as your muscles disappeared through the coma and the long time lying in bed, you started doing some sim racing again. You could race without big problems, your feet got stronger and stronger and you decided to try if your body was ready to train again like you used to before. The biggest question marks caused your head. When doing intensive neck training, your head was still hurting sometimes and that's why you decided to ask a racing doctor if a comeback would be theoretically possible. He agreed but told you that you would have to stop when the head was hurting and not continuing doing the exercises. You did so and that's when you met Lance in a local gym. You got friends and he supported you and encouraged you all the time. He said 'If you decide to come back, I'll be on your side'.

You were entering the garage and walked towards you car. The team gave you the opportunity to drive the last free practice of the season and you were really thankful for that. Lance stood next to you as you put your helmet on, in preparation for the  free practice. '(Y/N) don't think about what happened last year, just try to feel comfortable in the car. It doesn't matter how fast you drive, just enjoy it and be careful.' Your hugged him and stepped into the car. You started the engine and drove out of the garage. The first lap was pretty good, until that lasg corner. The corner that almost caused your death. You braked and your heart started to bet uncontrollable. Lance spoke with you through the radio. '(Y/N) everything will be alright. Just try it again. Nothing will happen.' You were so thankful to have him with you and started another lap. Now you didn't break in that corner but nevertheless it was pretty slow and ruined your lap time. 5 minutes before the practice ended, you started a last fast lap. You felt the adrenaline and didn't think about anything. You just felt the car on the track and you drove as fast as you could, corner by corner. At the and your engineer told you 'Wow, (Y/N), it's P3, Mick and Calum ahead of you. Great progress, we are really impressed.'

As you stopped the car in fron of the garage and steped out of the car, Lance ran towards you and hugged you tightly. 'I'm so impressed. I'm so proud of you!' You smiled because of the happiness that filled your whole body. This was the point you decided to give your racing career a second try.

Requested by: LilyHeseltine123