Carlos Sainz | 73

"Where is mum?"

After the long F1 season, Carlos finally had time to be together with you and your 12-year-old son (Y/S/N). He tried to spend some days with you also between the races but one or two days were just too short. Right behind your family house was a big field with big trees and horses running around. You loved to sit ouside in the garden and watching them. When you were a child, your family owned two horses, a big competition horse and a smaller one. You loved to spend your time with them after school and you soon started to do some show jumping competitions, too. Well, until you had an accident. It happened right after your qualification for the European horse riding championships because your horse got frightened of an unknown noise and jumped and the result was a broken shoulder, a broken arm and a concussion. Since then you didn't dare to ride again. But your son was keen on being a western horse rider in the future. You wanted to enable him all his wishes but you were frightened. Frightened that he might fall, too.

Today was his first reining competition in a city nearby. You couldn't sleep the whole night because you had really bad dreams. You tried not to think about them anymore as Carlos drove to the riding hall. He was absolutely relaxed just like your son whereas your knees were trembling. As you got out of the car you could see your son's big smile as he was helping his horse out of the horse trailer. He was super confident, always keen on learning and training. You had a big amount of trust in him but there were always the fears he might get injured. "Where is mum? Is she staying outside then or is she sitting in the riding arena then?" you heared yor son talking to Carlos. He knew about your accident an fears regarding his horse riding. "I'm sure she wants to watch you so I think we both will be sitting in the arena then.", Carlos answered while you were still sitting in the car. While (Y/S/N) and Carlos were walking to the registration, you were then searching for a place to sit down in the tournament hall. A few people turned their heads towards you as you were walking up the stairs. It didn't bother you anymore, you got used to be known in public as Mrs. Sainz but you still preferred not to be in the center of attention. You sat down in the spectator stands, waiting for Carlos. A few minutes later, he saw you and was walking towards you. But of course he couldn't walk five steps without being recognized as a Formula 1 driver by some kids. He patiently did photos and signed autographs before he could finally sit down next to you.

"Next starter is the 12-year-old (Y/S/N) Sainz with his horse Starlight. Good Luck!"

You almost forgot to breathe as your son's name got mentioned. Carlos held your hand and tried to calm you down because he knew how nervous and frightened you were. "It's gonna be alright. He can do it, he's a great rider. Nothing will happen to him." Carlos tried to comfort you which you were very thankful for. Your son rode his horse to the starting point in the hall. At first he did dome spins where he did circles with the horse before speeding up and riding an 8 through the hall. It did look really professional and slowly you calmed down a bit. Then, a minute later, he slowed down the horse in a move called sliding stop. He did it! The whole crowd was clapping their hands because everyone knew he had won this competition. He surprised everyone and you had to cry a bit as he got his first trophy in western horse riding.

Requested by: voguestrip