Mick Schumacher | 27

"trust me"

You sat in the Haas motorhome and were waiting for your boyfriend Mick, who was the new Haas F1 driver in 2021. He finally asked you to accompany him at a race because he knew that it was hard enough for you not to be 'allowed' to be by his side the last years as he wanted to keep the less privacy he had. On top of that he was scared that you would be the bullet eye of the media and journalists around the track when they would have seen you together. You understood that and were happy to be now with him at the Melbourne GP.

Mick walked towards you, ready for his first F1 race. He looked very calm but you were sure that deep inside of him he was really nervous. He started in P15, a good starting position if you know that Haas isn't the best car on the track. 'Mick, all good? Are you nervous?' his mother asked him as she sat opposite to you on the chair. She accompanied him even if she first said that she wouldn't, just to let Mick do his thing. But Mick asked her to accompany you and you were really happy about it because you got along very well with her. 'Mum, I'm feeling good. Don't worry about me. It's not my first race in a racing car.' The good old cool-playing Mick. How much you missed that. You smiled, looking in Corinna's face and you saw that she thought the same. Both of you giggled. Mick said goodbye, hugging his mum tightly and kissing you. 'The race starts in 20 minutes' you heard his engineer talking to him. You had an interesting conversation with his mother who told you that she wasn't afraid that something would happen to him, either that he wouldn't be able to carry that huge pressure that was on his shoulders.

The race started. Mick had one of his rocket starts, just like in F2. Two laps to go, he was in P12 and overtook a renault. You couldn't sit still and cheered as there was a chance of gaining P10 and the first F1 point in the first race. And he did it! Three corners before the end the car in front of him was breaking too late and Mick got through. You jumped of joy and hugged his mother, who had tears in her eyes. All were really happy and you had to think about his father. It was a shame that he couldn't be there.

Mick either ran than walked back to the hospitality, followed by dozens of cameras and photographers. He hugged his mother and she kissed his cheeks. After that he hugged you and you couldn't stop youself and kissed him. At first he was really surprised but kissed you back, lifting you up. You looked into his eyes that were full of emotions. You whispered 'I'm sorry' to him because you just made your relationship official and public. 'Trust me, that's more than okay. You're my girlfriend (Y/N), I love you and everyone can know that. I don't mind.' You two kissed again and walked into the Haas motorhome again, away from the media.

Later that day the three of you had a conversation, also talking about his father, who was still recovering from his brain injury. 'Mum, did Papa watch the race?' Mick wanted to know and Corinna nodded and smiled. 'Of course he did! He's watching all races, if possible. I'm sure he is super proud.' She took Mick's hand and squeezed it. 'I hope he will be able to be here with my at a race again some day', Mick said and was a bit sad he couldn't be with him yet. 'Mick, your dad is fighting every day to get better and to be able to accompany you again. He will, it's just a matter of time.' You really hoped that, too. Mick really deserved it.

Requested by: rand0mshlt