Marcus Armstrong | 1

"please tell me it's just a joke"

Warning: death of a beloved animal (but not in detail)

Spending the first F2 weekend of the year together, Marcus and you were on the way to the F2 paddock. You had a great evening with his team and you got to know each other. Maybe the Covid-19 bubble was helpful in that case. You were talking a lot about motorsport, the FDA and of courses Marcus' expectations for his second formula two season. You knw that there was a pressure on him as he was part of a highly competitive team this years and his first season had been a disaster in his eyes. Mick had his second season last years and won the championship, Callum got second. And even if they all were friends, they were competing for a F1 future and the best would win.

Marcus and you were arriving at the paddocks and he was holding hands with you as you were walking through the gates. You were pretty nervous, you were a shy person in front of all cameras and Marcus knew that. You let out a relieved sigh as you finally stood in front of the Dams garage. "Are you alright again?" he was asking you while looking at you with worried eyes. "Yes, now again." He was placing a soft kiss on your forehead, promising you to ented the paddock early next time, before all the photographers were there.

The three practices went really well and he ended up with P4, P5 and P4. He looked really happy and told his engineers that he was feeling comfortable in the car. Then your phone rang and you had a new message. It was your mother. "(Y/N) you need to come home please. Sparkle is not alright... She's 14 you knew? Love you, mom." No, not now. Sparkle was your dog that went through all ups and down with you. You knew she had a kidney disease because she was already very old but you weren't ready to hear that she would probably die soon. You had to travel home. Luckily you were in Monaco and your family was living in Hungary so it wasn't on another continent. But you first had to find Marcus. You were walking through the garage, searching for him. "Marcus do you have a minute?" you were asking because he was currently looking at his racing data. "Sure sit down. What's up?" You just handed him the mobile phone with the message you got from your mother. "Please tell me it's just a joke (Y/N)." You knew that Marcus loved animals and especially your dog. "No Marcus, I'd never joke about that. I'll travel home ok? And you will race tomorrow, no matter what." He was just nodding and you could see his grief as he was aware of that it would be the last time you would see your dog.

Requested by: pathetvic