Chapter 10

Dedication to RavenHairedArtist. Love her story 'Tweet of Fate' , it's another fan fiction, go check it out guys, share the love :)

Vote, comment, fan :) xx

*********************

Chapter 10 - The Clue, Then The Cage

The Royal Rumble this year was in Phoenix, Arizona; in the desert. I could already taste the sand and feel the heat radiating off my skin, as if much of what consumed my dreams throughout the week were the real thing.

After Monday night and everything that went on, I spent my week in the gym, training my ass off.

I wanted to stay fit for the cage match at the Royal Rumble, as well as prepare my body for ten times the pain I'm normally exposed to. Just like me, Kelly won't stop at one boundary, we'll both absolutely go nuts in that cage, and it won't compare to your normal bitch slapping session.

She was an ECW diva after all, and I was trained in hardcore conditions to get where I was, and I was the best extreme diva in OVW.

This cage match between us is a match made in heaven.

To be honest with you though, traning has been the only thing keeping my mental state at bay. I've been able to clear my mind of everything I don't want to think about (cough, cough, Phil, cough). By Saturday, I was that prepared, both mentally and physically for this match that I was more than confident that I would still be champion by the end of the match tonight.

I had to fly over to Phoenix from Buffalo and basically get my ass to the arena for signings. I also was going to walk around the ring way before anything happened as I wanted to get myself into the right head space.

For the day, I dressed myself in blue denim jeans with black heels, as well as my In Punk We Trust t-shirt. I straightened my hair and did my usual makeup. I made sure everything was in my bags, as well as the new dress I picked up here before I left the room, locking it behind me.

I loaded up my car with my things, handing back the keys once I was done. Must talk to Vince about getting a personal bus for me, I thought to myself as I walked back to my car.

'Emily?' I looked up hearing the sound of my name to see Beth standing there, along with Nattie.

'Oh, hey guys, how are you?' I asked in what may have seemed like a way too cheery tone.

'Good, good. We just wanted to come and apologise about the other day, we really shouldn't have pushed you into anything...' I smiled at Nattie and then Beth.

'It's all okay, promise. You guys were just curious and frustrated, just like I was. But I've found myself this week, I've been working out and focusing on me. I mean, this cage match tonight should be the best match of my career, so I've been so clear minded that everything is all okay.' I said smiling.

'You sure? I mean, if you're not we're here-'

'Promise, I'm fine,' I cut Nattie off, really wanting to press the issue that I was okay, as well as the fact that I wanted to get going.

'Okay, then well, good luck tonight.' Both of them hugged me, the tension between us evident, well if they didn't believe me, that was their issue. They would come around, I thought.

'Thanks, see you guys soon?'

'Yeah, definitely.'

Starting my car and driving away, I sat in silence just thinking about the cage match. I was going to win, absolutely nothing was going to get in my way. The next few hours flew past, and before I knew it I was in my locker room getting ready for the cage match. The signings went well, and they were actually over before I knew it. Who would have thought signing with Chris Jericho and Christian would've been so fun? The best part was when we were taking selfies after signing so many autographs. Laughing at the memories, I went back to focusing on my ring attire. Tonight I was wearing my normal plaid gear, however tonight was the return of my glow jacket (and besides, big pay per views deserve the glitter). Curling my hair tonight, I looked at the red and black gear I had on, the colours bringing out the colour in my black hair. In these colours, I felt dangerous, and it was exactly how I wanted to feel for this match. Dangerous.