Chapter 29

Chapter 29 - Story Of My Life

My eyes opened to the bright lights of the Trainer's Room.

My neck and back were sore beyond words, I legitimately could not move at all, no matter how much I tried.

I watched as the doctor took my blood pressure, recording it down as he assessed my limp body.

'Oh, you're awake!' he exclaimed. I nodded, despite the pain in my neck.

'Just came back to the world, your bright lights are good unconscious wakers,' I chuckled a little through my husky voice.

'How are you feeling?'

'Sore. Really sore.'

'You would be!' I looked at him with question, 'you took a nasty chokeslam.'

'Huh?' Now I was confused.

'Oh, that's right you blacked out. Okay, well what do you know until you went black?'

'Um... well, Punk was looking at me with a ghostly look on his face, my heart rate picked up and then I knew the Undertaker came out. Not only did the arena lights go out, but apparently so did mine.'

'Why do you reckon you blacked out?'

'Well, if it was a chokeslam, the lack of air maybe...? But I do have a history of getting so anxious that my body shuts down, hence the black out.'

'Those two components very much seem like justifiable reasons why you blacked out. Well, once you blacked out, the Undertaker chokeslammed you onto the stage. You're very lucky you didn't go through the stage, otherwise I would be talking to you in a very different place...'

I shivered as I realised what the doctor was insinuating. I hated the thought of a hospital, and returning... again.

'Are my injuries serious doc?' I asked, suddenly getting into automatic wrestler mode.

'Oh no, you have no injuries, just a bit of bruising and trauma. Nothing a bit of antibiotics and rest can't fix.' I sighed, feeling relieved that I would be okay. The doctor wrote down the last of his notes and then put his hand out to assist me up. Getting up, the pain got to me and I pulled an agonising face to indicate the pain. After giving me the antibiotics and a clear order to rest for the rest of the week, I walked slowly out of the Trainer's Room and towards my locker room.

First thing I grabbed was my phone. I had nothing waiting there for me, but there was one person I wanted to call right now to help me. It was like 5 seconds later after I rang him, he came dashing down the hallway and stopped just in time before he made serious contact with the doorframe.

'John, help...?' I felt tears come to my eyes again, he then walked up to me and hugged me softly. Picking up my bag, I wrapped my arms around him and he walked both of us out.

It was a silent ride home, I didn't move an inch in fear of the pain, Cena's hands once again clenching the steering wheel with the force he once before did. A few tears rolled down my cheek, but I discreetly wiped them away, trying not to attract any attention to myself.

When I got up to my hotel room, I immediately walked to the shower. I hoped that the steamy water would release some of the pain. Changing into my flannelette pants, rolling them down twice and a black crop top, I walked out to the sight of no John Cena. My heart ached thinking he left because he didn't want to be here, but there was a note on the bench which eased potential further heart break;

~ Went to handle some business. I couldn't take seeing you this way anymore. I'm sorry if this fucks up things further but I just... I couldn't do it anymore.